• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random questions about API

Gillie1985

I thought the F-35C came in two seats as well? I guess that haven't made them yet. Thanks for the heads up, I don't want to sound like a dumb ass in API for asking that in front of everyone lol.

nrodda90

SWOtivated
For SNFO's can someone please tell me what bases you'll be at for the phases of flight school? If you are feeling generous where do you go for each platform? My research skill level is "Fail"

xmid

pilot
Contributor
For SNFO's can someone please tell me what bases you'll be at for the phases of flight school? If you are feeling generous where do you go for each platform? My research skill level is "Fail"

NFO flight school all takes place in Pensacola.

TexasTools

None
Check the Training section on the NFO wikipedia page later this evening.

nrodda90

SWOtivated
Another random question, how many hours of flight time does a SNFO log throughout flight school? Just curious really...

TexasTools

None
Another random question, how many hours of flight time does a SNFO log throughout flight school? Just curious really...
Just FYI, I'd switch to one of the NFO threads if you want more information about that instead of this API thread.
To answer your question, I logged 37.7 through Pri 1 & 2. The Primary syllabus calls for 40 hours, Intermediate 16.5 hours, Advanced Strike 48.5 hours, Advanced MC2 0.0 hours (all simulator).
If you have any UMFO Primary questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

nrodda90

SWOtivated
Just FYI, I'd switch to one of the NFO threads if you want more information about that instead of this API thread.
To answer your question, I logged 37.7 through Pri 1 & 2. The Primary syllabus calls for 40 hours, Intermediate 16.5 hours, Advanced Strike 48.5 hours, Advanced MC2 0.0 hours (all simulator).
If you have any UMFO Primary questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.
That was my last NFO post no worries but thanks for the info! Is there an average wait time between OCS and API?

Gillie1985

I know API is just the basics of Aviation, but I've looked at the pipe line and I noticed that they don't have Helos? Everything training wise seems to be fixed wing. So if you need X amounts of hours through FAA regulations prior to your completion at what point do they send the guys to fly helos?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know API is just the basics of Aviation, but I've looked at the pipe line and I noticed that they don't have Helos? Everything training wise seems to be fixed wing. So if you need X amounts of hours through FAA regulations prior to your completion at what point do they send the guys to fly helos?

You do know that there are no NFOs in helos right? Based on your previous posts I'm assuming that's what you're interested in. As an NFO your possibilities are P-8/P-3, EP-3, F/A-18, E/A-18, E-2, and E-6.