• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This is a pic I took of her at Sun N Fun a few years ago.
What year was that? There was one parked on 5/23 in 2018 when I was there last, but it wasn't in flying condition. I could never make it out there to look at it (or much of Sun 'n Fun that year) because we were absolutely mobbed at our aircraft.

VMO4

That was 2021, I am pretty sure it was there 2022 as well, the n number comes back to nearby Bradenton, FL. All this talk about there only being one, plus the paint scheme is nearly identical to the one that just went down.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
The two seat MiG-23UB flew at SNF in 2023 and I believe Dan still has a couple single-seat MiG-23s left at KLAL. The single seat jet it what was previously on static display.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
ChuckMK23 is inbound to SEA-TAC AOR! Taking a check ride at Boeing Field KBFI this week. The DTS machine put up in Bellevue.

Would appreciate any updated recommendations on sights, food, beer, etc.

View attachment 38590
Bellevue is big with a lot of great choices! I like Carmine’s for Italian, but DTS must have gotten worse…that’s a haul to Boeing Field.

Last edited:

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
…Would appreciate any updated recommendations on sights, food, beer, etc.
Go to the Omega boutique in Bellevue, WA…but DO NOT mention my name. Also, see if you can get me one of those cool black Speedmaster hats…they refused to give me one during the four or five [or six] times I wandered into their store during various layovers over the past two years.

BONUS: Speedy Tuesday pics from earlier today…

IMG_0928.jpeg IMG_0944.jpeg IMG_0929.jpeg

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Beautiful day today in Greater Seattle. My checkride started with the oral competed over coffee in beautiful downtown Bellevue. My Evaluator Pilot is a recently retired Strike Eagle guy now turned GS-13, who flew out here to give me my check ride!

Oral, brief and ORM complete over coffee we drove out to Boeing Field to the Boeing Delivery Center to pick up our bug-smasher. VFR departure out of one of the most complex and busy pieces of airspace I've ever encountered. Sequenced in among lots of Boeing factory test flights and everything else under the sun. Pretty cool.Got fuel at Olympia Regional before a super busy VFR recovery coming in on the Vashon Arrival at 700' AGL for the downwind to 32L....

IMG_0030.jpg

PXL_20230816_201032864.jpgPXL_20230816_201041864.jpgPXL_20230816_204301682.jpgPXL_20230816_185200369.jpg
PXL_20230816_203110738.jpg
Chatted with a H135 guy - their program is short two pilots. " Hey, you want a job?"

PXL_20230816_191147379.jpg
2 hour debrief followed after we recovered /postflight at KBFIPXL_20230817_021637790.jpg

AF Form 8 signed off, I'm good for another 18 months!!!

Next stop is to locate Omega Boutique for @mad dog

Last edited: