• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I think this is an O-1D? Not sure how many of them are out there in flying condition. Taken at 1B2. From memory it's owned by the guy who runs a small flying school there.

View attachment 38547

Apologies for the picture quality but it was pissing down rain.
Very much fun to fly! Cessna should bring it back.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
From TW-5 Social Media posting - two SNA's on a TH-57 "Solo". What the hell is up with the Harley "biker" style bandanas under the helmet (HGU-56). God its an awful look. Is this a thing? It looks like something an enlisted aircrew would do but not a pilot.

View attachment 38550
They look like hobos! “Hey man, can you spare some Jet A?”

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
From TW-5 Social Media posting - two SNA's on a TH-57 "Solo". What the hell is up with the Harley "biker" style bandanas under the helmet (HGU-56). God its an awful look. Is this a thing? It looks like something an enlisted aircrew would do but not a pilot.

View attachment 38550
Harrumph! Kids these days!!

Beat it, boomer. Go watch cable news at an unacceptably loud volume.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
I can recall pilots wearing a fabric liner under their helmets, that's not a thing any more? I never bothered with the bandana because they would not fit around my big old paducah head.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I can recall pilots wearing a fabric liner under their helmets, that's not a thing any more? I never bothered with the bandana because they would not fit around my big old paducah head.
Yes, skull caps!

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
What is it a 707?
Re-engined, but yes. I thought it might be the “vomit comet” they practice weightlessness with but there is a bunch of weird science type stuff in the window and the Earth Science sticker on the side.