• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Wait... Mad Dog can't you get excused from jury duty since you were a sworn peace officer??
Nope…job conflicts [that would create financial hardships], medical appointments, and child care conflicts were the only criteria for being excused regarding this type of grand jury for felony indictments.

To be honest, I’m actually enjoying it…other than a couple of fellow jurors who piss me off because they feel sorry for the suspects…or because they were not paying attention when testimony was presented.

Many things have changed since I was a Cincinnati Police Officer almost 20 years ago…learning what has changed is informative and has a high entertainment value. One thing that hasn’t changed is people still do intentional fucked up/dumb shit…I was sort of hoping that people didn’t do intentional fucked up/dumb shit anymore. :D

LATE ENTRY for @Griz882 since he might punch me in the face over the internet if I don’t add this: In keeping with the spirit of this thread which is titled “Random Griz Aviation Musings”, the Cincinnati Police Department continues to not have a dedicated aviation division with pilots and/or aircraft…no helos, no stiff wingers, no nothing…not even balloons or kites. The local Sheriff has helos [MD-500s if I’m not mistaken]. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Cincinnati Police Department has drones…I should ask about that tomorrow during jury duty.

Last edited:

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
The local Sheriff has helos [MD-500s if I’m not mistaken]. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Cincinnati Police Department has drones
@mad dog the Hamilton County Sherriff Air Unit is no more. They lost funding.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
@mad dog the Hamilton County Sherriff Air Unit is no more. They lost funding.

Sad, but accurate presentation by the sheriff. The guys who got me up to speed are switching to drones for most of their power line surveillance work at the “encouragement” (demand) of the energy company. Me, I’ll keep playing around in my dinosaur and maybe Hamilton County will sell me a scout ship at a deep veterans discount.

Walt6541

There's a guy up by 2B2 (Plum Island) who restores bird dogs. He also does outboard motor repairs and restoration, my family has done business with him for years. Good chance this is one of his planes or one he restored.

ChuckMK23

pilot
I think this is an O-1D? Not sure how many of them are out there in flying condition. Taken at 1B2. From memory it's owned by the guy who runs a small flying school there.

View attachment 38547

Apologies for the picture quality but it was pissing down rain.
One of the most robust airframes Cessna ever manufactured - these things will go on forever. A blast to fly. Easy to land. Rebuildable from nothing but a data plate.

ChuckMK23

pilot
From TW-5 Social Media posting - two SNA's on a TH-57 "Solo". What the hell is up with the Harley "biker" style bandanas under the helmet (HGU-56). God its an awful look. Is this a thing? It looks like something an enlisted aircrew would do but not a pilot.

1691680704567.png