• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SW Chapter of the AAHF pushed out some of the hardware to Zamboni the floors. That hangar is awesome.
zamboni hangar.jpg

Some of our aircraft. The UH-1H is flying, the sandy AH-1F is static display going into the Airbase AZ CAF Museum this week. The black AH-1F flies. Hiding behind the Black Pearl is our static display Loach and off camera an airworthy TH-55.
helos.jpg

Sand Shark with 2x 19 shot rocket pod and 2x4 shot TOW launcher. Waiting on our 3D printed warheads for the TOWs and the simulated rockets.
sand shark.jpg

By the fall of 2023 we will have our airworthy OH-6A flying. That will give us a complete Vietnam era Army air task element, Huey, Cobra and Loach, for airshow demos.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Nice! I am very familiar - my mom lives in downtown Sonoma and I have close family in Santa Rosa. I flew out of STS many times when I was younger! Almost went to work for REACH there!
That’s awesome, I absolutely love this part of CA. My family’s from Petaluma originally, and I’m glad to be spending some time with them over the holidays. Would love to get a ride in a helo one day Chuck.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I wish the quality on this was better... Several days ago I took my dad out to visit a friend of his at a grass strip in the Panhandle. I would have made the pass lower, but I was too busy dodging the 50 turkey vultures that were peppering my flight path.