• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random aircraft sightings

jmcquate

Contributor
One of those Kfirs is on static at the Oceana airshow every once in a while. Are they the old F-21s from the VFCs?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looks suspiciously like a re-engined variant of the first airplane I trained in at VT-10:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7d/Convair_T-29B_(240-27),_USA_-_Navy_AN1506368.jpg
Convair_T-29B_%28240-27%29%2C_USA_-_Navy_AN1506368.jpg

Of historical note, my logbook shows that I logged 11 hours in this exact tail number on the 6th and 10th of December, 1971…NPA to NPA…long-range dead-reckoning nav hops. Drift meters…CDMVTAE…CAS/IAS/TAS airspeed conversions…Jeppesen CR-5 flight computers, plotters and pencils on big charts...you get the idea...:)
I was confused about the Navy aircraft with a USAF tail number. Checked the AF "Buno" list, found that ol' T-29B 51-7906, spent it's formative years in the USAF, and is spending it's 'golden years' on display in the Pima Air & Space Museum, Tucson, AZ.:)

Rumor has it that there is a R1 WAS HERE scratched into the SNFO station bulkhead!;)
BzB

Renegade One

None
Rumor has it that there is a R1 WAS HERE scratched into the SNFO station bulkhead!;)
BzB
Yeah, well,, I think there were at least 4 of those. I always seem to recall flying on the aft starboard side. Don't know about the scratches, but there MAY be a now-petrified puke bag somewhere on the cabin floor. I do remember that!

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
I have seen the Kfir and Hunter at KPHF also...They have a SAAB Drakken sitting outside in storage too...Had some pictures, I will put them up when I get my SD card downloaded off my old phone...

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This old dude started doing regular weekday runs out of Aguadilla, PR:

11116158025_8a8e9bc6a9_b.jpg
Convair 580? I once flew the Navy's non-turboprop 440 version on a boondoggle from the East Coast to the Boundary Lakes on the Minnesota/Canadian border for a week or two of canoe portages and fishing. In the right seat I was mostly clueless. We had massive icing over Lake Michigan and almost went down. The fishing wasn't as expected either. So we had to send the outfitter far back in his canoe to civilization to resupply us the following day with more beer. No per diem for pilots and a number of enlisted crew, but no leave charged either. It was good training.