• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

RAG length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pags

N/A
pilot
How long are the RAGs for the respective communities? It's hard to find this kind of info in the pool.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Can only speak for HSL, and even then, my info is dated. Depending on where you go, and the time of year, it's about 10 months. Historically, HSL East always has aircraft, but their sims go down all the time. HSL West always has working sims (although they're getting worse) but the weather hinders flight ops in the spring/summer.

Obviously it's all cyclical. When I went through San Diego, we had maybe one working aircraft. Guys behind me were flying all the time, because they came out of the maintenance cycle.

I think the HSC (former HC) rag last about 3 weeks. They might even go to class once or twice. Of course I base this on the number of HAZREPS I see for HSC. ;)

I keed, I keed.

Pags

N/A
pilot
bch said:
HSL east right now is about 6 mos, hold up (if any) is the boat.

37 bound guys go to the east coast RAG? or do they just stick you where there's a spot?

do japan-bound guys go to the east or west rag?

and finally, how competive is the selection for Navy communities?

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
as of right now, -37 and -51 guys are going to the east coast rag. This is a recent change.

As far as selection, it varies every week.If you do well, you won't have to worry about getting either your 1st or 2nd choice. If you suck it up, well you might still get your first choice, but you may also get your last choice.

Pags

N/A
pilot
bch said:
as of right now, -37 and -51 guys are going to the east coast rag. This is a recent change.

As far as selection, it varies every week.If you do well, you won't have to worry about getting either your 1st or 2nd choice. If you suck it up, well you might still get your first choice, but you may also get your last choice.

Yeah, my buddy who's stashed on the west coast was saying the pacific guys went through on the west, but I guess that's now bum gouge.

and that's a roger, don't suck.

Cyclic

Behold the Big Iron
gatordev said:
I think the HSC (former HC) rag last about 3 weeks. They might even go to class once or twice. Of course I base this on the number of HAZREPS I see for HSC.

:icon_mad: That's it!! You and me...in the parking lot...at three o'clock :icon_boxi

Now seriously, about 6 mths for HSC, not sure for HM nowadays but about 4 mths in the FRS then you finish up about 2-3 months in the fleet squadron (you show up FRS inclomplete).

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
6 months + or - 2 weeks for HS. And as of right now, japan guys are doing their RAG here in San Diego. At least the 3-4 guys that I know going to Japan are. (That selected in the last several weeks-month.)

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
bch said:

Well what was a constant now is not. Guys for -51 and -37 were sent to SD again this winging... so if you get one of these sqds... where you go to the rag is up in the air. Both spots have their pros and cons, don't loose any sleep over it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone here in or going to HSL-41? I saw the MSG traffic for the COC there. The incoming CO, Dan Fillion is a great American, so enjoy. We were both at HSL-44 during his DH tour and I know he did his CO tour at HSL-51. Anyway, just a heads up, he has a great personality and is real cool.

Good times,

Brett

dustydog

pilot
I went through HS10 back in 1998 and it took me 12 months to complete but I spent the first 6 months standing SDO once a month. Once my squadron called and started screaming for us, we completed in 6 months. We spent a lot of time waiting for the right moon phase for CSAR high light flights. 1 year in San Diego as a single guy was a good deal and I really had no room to complain since the clock was ticking. Enjoy the RAG while you are there. As an O4 retread told me, "There's no wasted time in the RAG". You won't realize how true that is until you are in the middle of your first COMPTUEX

Reactions: E5B

petescheu

Hornet FRS varies based on where you are... Lemoore C kids get done in about nine months or so, I think Oceana is about a year or so, and the kids that do the San Dawg thing with the Marines there are a bit more than a year.
Not exactly sure what the Super kids are, I believe it's about a year or so as well though.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
shoo24 said:
Hornet FRS varies based on where you are... Lemoore C kids get done in about nine months or so, I think Oceana is about a year or so, and the kids that do the San Dawg thing with the Marines there are a bit more than a year.
Not exactly sure what the Super kids are, I believe it's about a year or so as well though.
Check the topic area of this thread. ;)

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.