• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

quick question regarding PRK and MEPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
question:

If I already went to MEPS, was deemed medically qualified to serve in the military, then go get PRK...do I have to go back to MEPS for another exam?

thanks
~Blake

NavyOCS

yes. After 6 months they wanted to see me to make sure I could see 20/20. Supposedly 6 months is the number at which your eyes should be totally healed.

nugget81

pilot
I did the same thing (went to MEPS, then got PRK), but I was told 3 months from the eye surgery was the soonest I would be eligible for re-exam (eyes only) for the Navy.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
KizerSosay said:
yes. After 6 months they wanted to see me to make sure I could see 20/20. Supposedly 6 months is the number at which your eyes should be totally healed.

Did you only have to get the vision test or did they make you go through the whole ordeal again?

NavyOCS

I had to go through the whole fricken thing again. Only because I was due for another full flight physical. Apparantly you have to them every so often. Anyway, if you have just had one you probably will not have to do a full physical, just the eye exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.