• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions about Navy pilot selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraused

I was hoping to get a few questions answered concerning applying for a pilot position with the Navy. My application is complete and will be sent out by my recruiter next week. I was wondering how long I can expect to wait for a response of whether or not I was selected. My other question is: what is a competitive package? I have AQR 6, PFAR 7, PBI 5, and OAR 52. Bachelor of Science in Pre-Physical Therapy with GPA 3.4. My recruiter tells me this is very competitive but I was hoping for some non-bias feedback from individuals who have been through this or know of anyone that has applied. I would greatly appreciate any advice or information about these topics.
Thanks for the help!

Dan

Paul Burke

You can expect to wait about 2 weeks to get an answer back. Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter but that seems to be about the average.

I had the exact same question when I was applying, How competitive is competitive? My scores were 7,7,8, and 54 respectively. Your gpa is definitely good to go and you've got a good major (BS degree). Assuming everything else is squared away then I'd say you are looking good. Just keep in mind that you are applying for a job. You don't have typos in your resume do you? Neither should your app. Remember that every letter on every page is what will be representing you in front of the board.

Also, make sure you select "view all posts" in the box to the upper right. There are a lot of different posts about the app process and the nail biting that will give you a lot of info on the spot. If not then ask away. That's why everyone hangs out here

FLY NAVY!!!

kraused

quote:
You can expect to wait about 2 weeks to get an answer back. Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter but that seems to be about the average.

I had the exact same question when I was applying, How competitive is competitive? My scores were 7,7,8, and 54 respectively. Your gpa is definitely good to go and you've got a good major (BS degree). Assuming everything else is squared away then I'd say you are looking good. Just keep in mind that you are applying for a job. You don't have typos in your resume do you? Neither should your app. Remember that every letter on every page is what will be representing you in front of the board.

Also, make sure you select "view all posts" in the box to the upper right. There are a lot of different posts about the app process and the nail biting that will give you a lot of info on the spot. If not then ask away. That's why everyone hangs out here

FLY NAVY!!!

kraused

quote:

FLY NAVY!!!

kraused

Yeah,
my recruiter said that spelling was crucial for all of the paperwork sent with the application. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the information!
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.