• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions about becoming a helicopter pilot

coledf12

I'm only 16 but I've recently gotten an interest in becoming a helicopter pilot later in life in either the Army or the Navy. I'd rather go into the Navy but if anybody can help me with what the training is like and types helicopters in either the Army or the Navy, thanks.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I'm only 16 but I've recently gotten an interest in becoming a helicopter pilot later in life in either the Army or the Navy. I'd rather go into the Navy but if anybody can help me with what the training is like and types helicopters in either the Army or the Navy, thanks.

That is a great goal to have. Work hard in school, and yes, use the seach function on this website. Also, you can find out what types of helicopters each branch flies very easily by "Googling" it.

Pags

N/A
pilot

The training is intense, challenging, and very rewarding for either service. Lots of studying, memorizing, and then applying this knowledge in the aircraft.

For either service, keep your grades up, get involved in extracurricular activities, play a sport or do something to stay in shape.

If you're in the Navy, start looking into a commissioning source, either USNA, NROTC at many colleges throughout the country, or BDCP.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
At 16, I think the best advice I could give you is to STAY OUT OF TROUBLE. That's probably the easiest and fastest way you could screw up your chances of becoming a military aviator at this point in your life.

Get the grades, volunteer, network, and start working towards your goal.

MH-Z

pilot
At 16, I think the best advice I could give you is to STAY OUT OF TROUBLE. That's probably the easiest and fastest way you could screw up your chances of becoming a military aviator at this point in your life.

Seconded...