• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question regarding board.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
I just turned in my package for that class and was told beginning of December. Actual board is at the end of November (28th I think) and it lasts a few days, then it takes another few days to get the info out.

Did you not want to ask your OSO? He would know better than anybody.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
i had my stuff sent in for OCC-192 and i found out that I got selected roughly 2 weeks after.

foniks

Depends on your OSO. Some find out quicker than others. I don't really understand why, but it's just how it goes. So talk to your OSO.

thull

Hold up...they're still taking applicants for OCC 194?? I was told 194/195 were filled for Air contracts as of a couple months ago. My package was ready to go but my OSO said they weren't accepting.

Have you heard otherwise (Richthofen, Pourts)..? Do different regions have different availabilities?

skittles215

I'm still waiting to find out from my OSO about the air contracts for OCC 195. I'm almost done with my package for OCC 195 but waiting to hear the word on the air contracts because I'm aiming for NA.

Richthofen

Dear Thull,
I'm in North-East region,
and I've heard all SNA has been filled, yet very few SNFO slots "might" exist.
Hope this helped...
D-9

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
I was also told there were no pilot slots, but maybe an NFO slot.

I will be going ground if I do not get an air contract. I am not waiting around with my thumb up my a$$ until summer 2007.

JBird

TBS Charlie Co./ SNFO
Good lucky fellas, I was pre-selected SNFO Occ 194 back in August. I found out about a week after the board convened.

foniks

I knew a few weeks sounded a little long, so I talked to a gunny today who works at the area OSO. I asked him about 194, and he said that they will know almost immediately after the board meetings, and they'll be able to let candidates know something ASAP. It takes a couple of days at most. He also mentioned that no one from the area is on the board, so it's not like they are getting any "inside info" or anything.

And I still hear that pilot and NFO slots are stuck on hold. . .

Richthofen

Thank you JBird, for kind comment,
and Thank you foniks for info, I really have to know what is going on ASAP for housing etc...

youearnedit

marine ocs

i just submitted my package and was told that the board meets on the 27th and i'll find out within a week. does anyone know how many they have been selecting. is it like the navy or air force that accepts like 1%?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
i just submitted my package and was told that the board meets on the 27th and i'll find out within a week. does anyone know how many they have been selecting. is it like the navy or air force that accepts like 1%?

The board selects the best qualified out of the group before them and keeps selecting until they don't have any more slots in the given OCS class...they don't have a set %...and I have a feeling the selection rate is a bit higher because OSOs don't typically submit weak packages...