• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question on swearing in & signing the dotted line

vincentjus

I may have to leave the area for a while so I was curious. Also how long does it normally take to hear if you're final select? I was pro-rec in February and I still haven't heard anything.

eyzondapryz

Hang in there, everyone's situation is different. Swearing in usually happens about a week or so after you get your final select, (at least in my case). Get to know your processor very well, keep in contact with him/her and they can give information about where you are at in the final select process. Don't worry...things will happen eventually!

Trynly

I have a similar question: my recruiter called to let me know about final select a couple of days ago, but I don't have the official letter yet (do you even get one?!). I'm supposed to swear in in the next couple of days but should I wait until I have paperwork in my hand? ie contract, official letter, etc?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I have a similar question: my recruiter called to let me know about final select a couple of days ago, but I don't have the official letter yet (do you even get one?!). I'm supposed to swear in in the next couple of days but should I wait until I have paperwork in my hand? ie contract, official letter, etc?

Um... your recruiter HAS your contract/paperwork. That's kinda what you do WHEN you swear in.

The letter means nothing and shows up eventually in the mail after the fact.

schwarti

Contributor
My recruiter emailed me a scan of the letter - the physical paper I got wasn't even the original, it was a lower-quality printout than the one I made from the scan, and it didn't come until well after I had sworn in. It's nice to have, but the main thing is that your recruiter wants you to come swear and sign. Don't sweat it.