• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question for the hornet guy(Matt?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fn

I am currently a second week API guy and as I was signing my weight waiver(for 1 lb!) I noticed that I was flagged for two aircraft(F-14 and EA-6B) because of my height(I suppose). I am currently a NFO but I would like to make the switch to pilot(not very probable but all they can say is no). My question is do you have any 6'2" hornet drivers in your squadron because I am sure I have seen guys taller than me at airshows flying the jet or could the restriction be because NFO seats in those two particular airframes are actually smaller that the pilot station and could not accomodate a person my size. Thanks for your reply.

fn

All my measurements including BKL and sitting height and well within standards according to the limits posted on the net. I'm pretty sure that the anthros dept. has another more restrictive scale than that posted on the NOMI website that further refines your measurements as to which airframe you are compatible with.

Mahler

You have to remember, the anthro standards posted by NOMI are standards required for ANY aircraft, as in you'll at least fit in one. Just because you meet those minimimum requirments doesn't mean you're going to fit in every aircraft in the inventory - especially those with ejection seats.

James

James

flyin canuck

Check the old thread in the Intermediate/Jets section called "Tall pilots in T-45". There's some good info in there on this subject.

Mahler

When I went to ACES, they flagged me for jets because of my BKL. The guy measured me at 27" and I asked him to look up the maxiumum. He said it was 26.4" to qual for all aircraft and they told me to not worry about it. But the also told me the standards are always changing, so I don't know what it is now. I'm 6'4", and I was unoffically fitted (I bugged them to let me sit in the cockpits) in a T-2 and F-18 while I was there and the tech said I fit just fine.

James

Jeff

Anthros are one of those black magic things with the Navy, sort of like your NSS you never know until its to late. I ran into some problems by being to short. At one time I was restricted from SH-60s and T-44s, but when I went through API some how I was within the new standards for all Navy Aircraft. As far as being to tall, thats were you get tricky, because the first thing you'll DQ from is jets. I have a buddy going to K-vile thats 6'4" with a restriction from the Viking (maybe the Prowler) but I also had a buddy in primary that was only 6'1" and he was restricted from jets. As far as your build its all about did God bless you with the right build. If you have any questions on it, contact the PAO for NASC and she can help you out. I believe it is still Lt. j.g. Myrick. Best of luck.

jeff

Grunt

If you don't mind my asking, what was your height measured at when you were falgged as "too short." I am 5'7" and I had figured I'd fit just fine. I felt comfortable in the Hornet sim cockpit.

Mike the Grunt

Gator

All I know is that I'm 5'6 and I was pretty close to not meeting the measurements to fit ejection seat aircraft. If I were later to find out that I was too short because of ever changing measurements, I'd be extremely pissed off. I guess that all I can do for now is wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.