• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

QUESTION FOR SNA's AT VANCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyHigh

Are there any SNA's on this forum at Vance? If so what is it like? What has been the recent selection? What thas been the difficult level? Is the NAVY medical upchit good at the Air Force Bases? Any info on these questions would be great.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
I am at Vance but just for advanced E-6 (did primary in Corpus). Talking to a few of the Navy/MC studs here, I am getting a neutral to very negative opinion of the system here. I've gotten a good look at the 37 upclose, and it looks like it was built (on the inside) by Fred Flinstone and Barney Rubble: no TACAN, no VHF radio, no GPS, no NACWS or TCAS, but it does have ILS. I can't speak to the difficulty level, but my fellow AF T-1 classmates all felt miserable during 37 training.

Apparently there is some sort of rumor going around that if you come here you will have a better chance of getting jets, but word I have gotten both here and on this site as well as back during primary is that that rumor simply isin't true (infact, I've heard that the jet instructors at Meridian and Kingsville don't like (overall) the studs who come from Vance b/c they don't know the Navy's way of doing things (big boy method, vice babysitting method here) and they fall behind quickly).

If you come here, AF will give you a quick in-process medical check if you already have an up-chit that is still good, nothing to worry about on that end.

SkyHigh

a quick in process medical check includes what? like a navy upchit (do you feel good? ) or do they test eyes or anything like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.