• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about what to bring to OCS...

Jeffe

Final Select 2009
Couple questions..
First- Online it says to bring all medical, dental, immunization records. Does this mean to research everywhere and bring it all to OCS OR is the MEPS paperwork what they want?

Second- No electric razors? Seriously? Not a problem but man do they save some valuable and (probably) much need time...

Asked my recruiter about the first question and he said to talk to some dude that goes to my school, he would have the info necessary.....WAAAHHH??

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
First- Online it says to bring all medical, dental, immunization records. Does this mean to research everywhere and bring it all to OCS OR is the MEPS paperwork what they want?
The MEPS stuff should be enough. All of your pertinent medical information will be on those forms. My OR put together a folder that had all the necessary documentation in it from the application process. All I did was a double-check and off I went. I hope that's standard, but maybe not.

Second- No electric razors? Seriously? Not a problem but man do they save some valuable and (probably) much need time...
Bring one, put it in your car, grab it on your POV run.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Bring a loud voice and your balls jeffe. I know you'll do fine. Give me a ring when you have a chance and let me know how you're doing as you progress through.

Jeffe

Final Select 2009
Loud voice-check
Balls-check
MEPS shtuff-check

Thanks for the heads up guys. Otto...same number will work right? I'll def call you and update.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Loud voice-check
Balls-check
MEPS shtuff-check

Thanks for the heads up guys. Otto...same number will work right? I'll def call you and update.

For two more weeks it will, then it's off to the far away land, via the land of the rising sun.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Couple questions..

Asked my recruiter about the first question and he said to talk to some dude that goes to my school, he would have the info necessary.....WAAAHHH??

We were not allowed to use electic razors unless you had a special chit or some shit like that. Also, don't expect that POV run within the first few weeks. Just sayin'

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
We were not allowed to use electic razors unless you had a special chit or some shit like that. Also, don't expect that POV run within the first few weeks. Just sayin'
Plenty of opportunities to be discrete about it. Just sayin'.

dsevo

I used my electric razor every day, it just depends on the DI. It specifically says in the OCR that they are allowed...

BTW, don't show up with all of the other stupid shit the OCS website says like underwear shirts and boxers. I made that mistake. Save your money, they issue EVERYTHING you will need.

MidWestEwo

None
I used my electric razor every day, it just depends on the DI. It specifically says in the OCR that they are allowed...

BTW, don't show up with all of the other stupid shit the OCS website says like underwear shirts and boxers. I made that mistake. Save your money, they issue EVERYTHING you will need.

This is the first time I have ever heard that...

Rearden

So what's broken on this jet today, Chief?
None
I definitely used mine every day at OCS. No one batted an eye. More the case of whether you draw attention to yourself about it.

Jeffe

Final Select 2009
Thanks everyone...Miller how far along are you? Not too sure what RLP is either? Nimitz hall planned for demolition?? Im coming out there very soon as in the next couple months actually. Mind if I send you a PM with some questions?

OscarMyers

None
Its funny you bring that up, I was in pcola inspecting the barracks of the aircrew school attrites, which used to be OCS barracks(the ones in the same building as the galley) and we found a Pocket vagina hidden above the ceiling tiles of the laundry room. It looked pretty old, something perhaps of the days of OCS occupation. Im not sayin you should bring one, but we all got a good laugh out of it.