• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about prior enlisted and BDCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarco

Hello people, once again. Does anyone know if you get into BDCP with your previous rank? I left service as an E-4, and was wondering whether I can be accepted to BDCP at that level.

punac

Unless the Navy mess's up your records you will enter as a E-3 for a liberal arts degree or an E-5 for engineering or equivalent field.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
You start as an E-3. You can make E-4 by bringing someone else into the BDCP Program. You can then make E-5 by making honor role two semesters in a row. These two are interchangeable ie. E-4 for honor role and E-5 for bringing someone into the program. So, if you are talking to someone on this site about BDCP that is in BDCP give him or her the hook up for the next pay grade.

Dave

apendle

I think it depends on how long you've been out. I got out as an E-5, 5 years ago. I'm in the BDCP as an E-3..Sucks. check with your recrutier.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Doesn't matter when you got out. If you are active reserves, then they can give you that rank for pay. However, if you are out and not on active reserves, then you go to E-3.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.