• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about # of Attempts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpiddycanfly

I took the old version of the test twice, that was about two years ago. With the old rule I should only have one more crack at it, but with the new version out now, do I get three new attempts, or still just one? My recruiter said he "wasn't sure". Anybody know for sure?

dpiddycanfly

Emergency!! Taking the ASTB on Monday. Recruiter told me that this is my last shot even though I have not even taken the new version, only the old version. What do I need to do? There is no arguing with this guy!!

SAR522

Your recruiter is wrong. I recently recieved my official results and this is exactly how it reads.
"The scores reported above are the official scores for the subject applicant. These scores supersede any previous scores that the applicant may have had. Current offiicial scores will not expire, but will be replaced by new scores if the applicant retests. Applicants are eligible to take the ASTB three times. The first retest must occur no sooner that the 31st day following the first administration, and the 2nd and final retest must occur no sooner than the 91st day following the second administration. Previous administrations of ASTB forms no longer in use do not count toward this 3 administration limit."
This is coming directly from NAMI, so if this is your first attempt on the new ASTB version (form 3/4/5) you have 3 tries.

dpiddycanfly

Okay, well I stuck to my guns, and he made some phone calls and it turns out I was right. Thanks to all of the information I have received from this site, it saved me a world of dissapointment. Thanks to all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.