• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about O1E pay

hs2128759

I am wondering if the 3 months of OCS, being paid an E5,

counts as enlisted time towards O1E pay? If I have 3 years 10 months enlisted

time, and that would put me over the time frame to qualify for the O1E.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I have a DD-214 for the 71 days that cover the period of time that I showed up to Marine OCS to the day I commissioned; the rank says E-5 (OCAN). Asking some dudes around here, it's the same for the Air Force and ANG.

I'm sure it will say the same thing for the Navy. As long as you can show that you have more than 4 years and 1 day of active duty days and/or inactive duty for training days prior to commissioning on a DD214, you meet the requirements for O-1E pay.

You might have to go through a little bit of a hassle, but you should qualify for it.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
I am wondering if the 3 months of OCS, being paid an E5,

counts as enlisted time towards O1E pay? If I have 3 years 10 months enlisted

time, and that would put me over the time frame to qualify for the O1E.
Really treading the sea-lawyer needle with that timing. Good luck (meant seriously, from another sea lawyer)

CWO_change

I was at OCS with someone who had 3 years and 8 months of prior service time. Under normal circumstances she would not have graduated with enough enlisted time to get the E pay, but she rolled so many times that she was over the 4 year mark upon commissioning.

exNavyOffRec

I was at OCS with someone who had 3 years and 8 months of prior service time. Under normal circumstances she would not have graduated with enough enlisted time to get the E pay, but she rolled so many times that she was over the 4 year mark upon commissioning.
We had a NUPOC who nearly maxed out the benefit of NUPOC but then while running in preparation for OCS injured a knee, by the time surgery and rehab was done and then OCS this person exceeded 4 years (while in OCS), and was awarded a GCM in the process. This was a rare circumstance.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
There should be a Sea Lawyer of the Year award. Like the Darwin Awards, but winning.
If the navy had a sea lawyer badge I’d qualify…and I’d wear it with pride!

Reactions: IKE