• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about MCTAP and FAP

coats_tom

I am working toward being a Marine Pilot. I have currently been in the Marine Reserves for about 4 years. I went to Iraq in 07 and am now going to school. I went to OCS this summer. My question is if I am using the post 9/11 gi bill to help pay for school can I still use the MCTAP and FAP programs to get more money for school?

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
That is actually a really good question and one that you will probably want to direct toward your OSO so that he can find out. I still have a copy of my contract from when I was in school and cannot find anything in it in regards to reservists or the gi bill. Make sure he explains to you the stipulations regarding the MCFAP and MCTAP. For instance, for non-reservists, the MCTAP changes your PEBD from the day you start OCS to the day you commission. Im not sure exactly if this effects reservists the same way but it is worth looking into.

Clux4

Banned
Your PEBD cannot be changed if you are a drilling Reservist. You are still drilling and earn pay for drill. I know everyone says this but it is not true. When you get to TBS, you should be paid as either and O-1E or O-1 with whatever amount of years you have. The change in PEBD only applies to strict PLC'ers.

Taking MCTAP or FAP has no bearing on your post 9/11 GI Bill. The GI Bill is by virtue of your service.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Your PEBD cannot be changed if you are a drilling Reservist. You are still drilling and earn pay for drill. I know everyone says this but it is not true. When you get to TBS, you should be paid as either and O-1E or O-1 with whatever amount of years you have. The change in PEBD only applies to strict PLC'ers.

Taking MCTAP or FAP has no bearing on your post 9/11 GI Bill. The GI Bill is by virtue of your service.

And there you have it! Rep!!