• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

question about JETS and being navy officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_ttu

First I'm going to say "College guy I told you so" should have done your research. I'm not a genious in psychology, but to be a psychiatrist, I'm pretty sure you will have to continue your education and will not be able to graduate and make a bunch of money. I'm not sure, I would have to research (but I'm not interested in doing so) but I'm pretty sure that is true. Second, YOU are not special. I'm going after this because it is my dream. Yes I want jets, but like anyone will tell you flying a helo or P3 or anything else is better than any day at the desk. I currently make over $70K a year (I apologize to sound arrogant to those that know me, know I'm making a point) I have over 100 hours flight time a private pilot's license and an instrument rating, AND I already have my degree so I won't need BDCP, and I STILL will most likely be rejected. I'm planning on going BACK to school for 2 years and do ROTC for the AF and TRY for a pilot slot(there is a good chance I won't get a pilot slot and will still have to serve in the Air Force as an officer). I just know that money is not what is important. It is what you want, and what you are willing to risk, and sacrifice to have the opportunity to obtain what it is you want. But most of all it's the hours of prayer and tug at my heart that I constantly feel compelling me to consistently try to become a military pilot. So if you aren't sure if you want this, then you need to RESEARCH you need to know EVERYTHING about the process, what could happen and you can get all of this information by just spending hours and hours reading. Ask less questions and just read. But we have told you the nuts and bolts, there are NO GUARANTEES. So knowing that, you need to decide how much it means to you. And you have to decide if you are willing to accept the 70% chance that you will not get jets. (I'll go ahead and help you out, only about 30% of pilots in the Navy, Marines, and AF are jet pilots. And not all of those are hornet drivers in the Navy. So just think about it, do your research and we will be more than happy to help you.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

marcurb

leave me alone, i wasnt talking to you.

"Be careful out there..." "If I was careful I would have joined the Coast Guard."

JayManC

I'm not a genious in psychology, but to be a psychiatrist, I'm pretty sure you will have to continue your education and will not be able to graduate and make a bunch of money.

most of the people i know with a B.A. in psychology ended up as social workers making about $25k

2004? I hope he doesn't end up in my OCS class. Then again I don't have to worry about him passing the MEPS physical, his head's too big, and his heart isn't strong enough.

FYI you cannot list medical/legal positions as your third choice. That is a COMPLETELY different route of commissioning.
<insert something witty here:>

Rainman

pilot
yeah, totally.
Why not? They drink beer and view AW too! I could just see a couple of them having a good ole time. .smokin cigars. .slapping their knees.

Jim

by the way everyone, collegeguy said he is going to be a psychiatrist when he graduates, not a psychologist. just thought i'd let you all know that a psychiatrist is an M.D., a person that graduated from premed and medical school. now that's a mystery.

-jim

Ray

I'm raising the BS flag too. I think its a joke.

VT-22 T-45A TS
Currently: Phase 1/Mod 1

marcurb

i think i would bet he was an IP as well!

"Be careful out there..." "If I was careful I would have joined the Coast Guard."

marcurb

That was well put jarhead. I believe that was probably one of the most encouraging things anyone has send on this site about what it is like to get through the tough parts of primary. Thanks for the help on walking through the crappy parts of flight training.

ghost_ttu

Hey jarhead, I'm just curious, do the IP's have some kind of bad taste for people that will admit they want jets? Do they go harder on them? Grade harder on them? Harass them in the readyroom? Just curious what that was about....

<<Tali264 speaking to Ghost_ttu: "Yes Daddy">>

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Rainman

pilot
Alright ghost:

I can have the court reporter read back your test--that woun't be necessary. I know what I said. . .. .

you aren't Daddy! She was ripping on the old farts in the room
icon_smile_sad.gif

Sucked we all got booted off. .Luckily JW is usually on standby to initialize. . ..thanks JW!

tali264

....then why the two orders....Colonel????? Sometimes men take matters into their own hands...

Josh...he was talking about a conversation we had this morning, but same context (and yes, I have the proof):

tali264 (6:36:31 AM): i seriously can't believe you haven't gotten word yet
ghost_ttu (6:36:42 AM): next week will be week 8
ghost_ttu (6:36:49 AM): I think I'm goin for a record
ghost_ttu (6:37:21 AM): they hang on to it much longer I'll get accepted and put in ASAP due to the age requirement *lol*
tali264 (6:37:22 AM): well they're definitely not being easy about it
tali264 (6:37:33 AM): hehe
tali264 (6:37:35 AM): dad

Status
Not open for further replies.