• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about airshow pilots...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss_BlueAngels

Instrument training
Ok, I know at least someone would have been expecting this question to pop up from me, not that my name would suggest it or anything. lol

First off, I don't want to be in the Navy just to be a Blue Angel or show off at airshows in front of the town folks. I know it's much more than that, and think it would frankly be quite dumb to do so because of that reason alone. But, really, how much of an "honor" is it to be able to get selected to do that kind of thing? (Blue Angels or a normal demo position) The only reason I make it a point to go down and talk with the Blue Angel pilots every year (in 3 weeks) is just because they fly Hornets for the Navy... not because they fly shiny jets. (Which I might add... aren't as shiny when your 5 feet from them. lol)

Anyway, not as important of a question... if your bored.

Thanks and God bless,
Jason

mattlowery

Steve, if i was a betting man (which i am), i would say that those spots are quite competitive. not just any Jo Shmo can do it. However, everyone wants to do it.

Matt L.

Status
Not open for further replies.