• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quantico PX and Guns?

donnyglaze

So, I'm currently at TBS (the only place where the gold bars mean 3rd LT) and I've been looking into picking up a firearm. I was wandering around the PX one day, and I saw an awesome Mossberg there. I went back a week or so later, and it was gone. Does anyone know the deal with how the PX here gets their firearm inventory? Do they only get certain models and manufacturers? Can I place in a special order? Any insight would help; I can't really get over there too often, any free time I have here is spent waiting for the "word". Thanks,

S/F

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Why are your post and profile so negative about The BS? Haven't they told you it's supposed to be the best time of your life yet?

I was also told by the guy behind the gun counter that he could score me anything I wanted given enough time.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Anytime is a good time to get oneself a gun.
True. You guys will find that the MCX's work well as transfer agents too. If they can't save you money with their bottom line, you can always shop around from online sources and have them do the ATF transfer for you. My old CAG and I have both used them with great success.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If only the NEX did guns as well . . .

Scratch that; I'd be broke.

Reconjoe

Once you get the firearm though, where on base do you keep it if your a victim of TBS? I ask because I'd love to haul around my AR but it seemed like it was one of those hassles you shouldn't bother with as a butterbar at TBS for 6 months (hopefully just 6 months)

EDIT: And whitesoxnations post just seconds before mine sorta answered the where part, but is it practical?

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Once you get the firearm though, where on base do you keep it if your a victim of TBS? I ask because I'd love to haul around my AR but it seemed like it was one of those hassles you shouldn't bother with as a butterbar at TBS for 6 months (hopefully just 6 months)

The armory (told at OCS). The reasons in your post are why I am asking this.

FlyinRock

Kind of reminds me when I was at NAS Atsugi in the 50's. Was in the PX and saw a Winchester 94 laying on the counter and an Air Force officer was looking at it. He hmmmed a couple times and then said he'd pass. I glanced at the price tag and grabbed my wallet and the rifle at the same time! $42.25. Then he said he wanted it and I told him he could come back when they got more in. He left mumbling to himself.....
Later I took the rifle to have it engraved near Camp Zama. Nicely done, 5 silver inlays including my initials, ivory inlays on the stock and forend and a "blue chrome" finish. That cost me a whole $40.00. I've turned down $1200 for it years ago and its going to my son eventually. Lots of fun stories with that gun and it has been in the field a lot, accounted for at least a half dozen deer.
Semper Fi
Rocky

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
They sell guns at Marine Corps exchanges? That's awesome. Good work jarheads.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
If only the NEX did guns as well . . .
NUW used to .... then they went to ammo only .... then the Clintons came into office .... then they put the gun magazines in the back-of-the-back on the magazine rack ... then the last-of-the-last of the ammo sold out, never to return .... then the Clinton Gangsters left office .... then the gun mag's came back out to the front of the magazine rack ... but sadly, the guns & ammo never returned. :icon_cryi

My "tea party" response: every time I'd see a Clinton missive on the NEX book rack -- I'd turn it upside down. I still do "it" w/ the current administration in recognition of the complete disarray in our national government.

Why upside down??? It's my little protest; my little version of Concord & Lexington ... and an "officially" recognized sign of distress ... :)

Be a "patriot". Stand up for the upside down. Do it ... :)