• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quantico Housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

satpak77

Could someone provide where most Quantico folks are living?

If not impossible, I would like to BUY a house, for under $250,000, within a 25 mile radius, in a family friendly, good schools, community. Will be there 4-6 years PCS'ed.

Thanks guys

Crossbones

You are goning to have to look south. Anytihing north of Quantico gets real expensive as the closer to get to Washington. If memory serves me correctly, and it has failed me in th epast so check it out, Fredricksbrug, VA and their surrounding aera should be within your range. If not i think Sterling, VA is but that is North of Quantico., and they will building that city up like they were a bunch of SeaBees, but i think that might be out of your $$ range. You best bet MAC, is to go to this website:

http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=25646

It contains all of the Quantico Demographics their (which is in Prince William County) including links for Home/Apartment serches ect.

I hope that this helps you out.

Semper FI

Reactions: E5B

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Single or geo-batchelors will be in the BOQ. Accompanied folks...well, we had quite a range of places. There were quite a few people who lived just outside the Onville Road gate, in a plan of town homes there, but they were all mainly O-1E types (had more $ to spend).

The housing market in that place is going crazy as the DC metro area expands and the people who work there move further outward for places to live. My SPC bought a town house down Garrisonville Road when he showed up as an instructor at TBS, and sold it last month for a big profit.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Yeah, I work in the northern VA area and I have a friend that bought a townhouse in fredericksberg for 120K, last month (2 years later) she sold it for 240K.

Super18Ordie

F/A-18 Ordnanceman
Stay out of the Dumfries area, its a ghetto, if you are looking for good schools and stuff Stafford County which is south of Quantico has some of the best schools and has one of the lowest crime rates in Northern VA (I should know I lived there nearly all my life) If you have any more questions feel free to PM me

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Buying a house for 250k will be real tough unless you go pretty far south. Townhouses and Condos would be more in your price range. Stafford and Fredricksberg would offer far better possibilities then anything north of Rt.234. Also, if you are thinking of buying something, do not wait. Do it now, the property prices increase with each passing month. Goodluck.

fredericksburg

I live in fredericksburg .. the housing market isn't all that bad right out of the city you can get a nice 3br/2ba garage/deck in the right neigborhood for 250-300k .. best part is your house price like mentioned earlierer is going to double/triple with 5-6 years as it becomes more like NOVA (northern virginia) .. Spotsylvannia County and Stafford County are both great options as well..

Reactions: E5B
Status
Not open for further replies.