• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

QDR to Nix 2 CSGs

Lawman

None
If anybody wants to learn a lesson about what happens to a Nation that can no longer flex its expeditionary capability to motivate policy, just look at England.

War on Two Fronts? No when could that possibly happen......

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ironic, especially when the last time this was floated up they proved their worth in spades mere months later. For those who were unaware or forgot, there was a lot of noise at the beginning of the last administration that they would do the same cuts as part of Rumsfeld's 'transformation' of the DoD.

I am not sure Congress would take it lying down, it would be a really hard sell to cut CVN's and all of the jobs that go along with them. Especially with the big bad Red Dragon rising.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Thought there might be something up when I checked in and my shop was asked if we are a "brown water navy"...

Indeed... Hollow force... Jimmy Carter... Kinder, Gentler, more cross culturally concious...

energy security here we come! Yay!

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
Where did you think the trillions of dollars dumped into absurd tax cuts and Iraq were coming from? Did you really think we could have our cake and eat it, too? It's time to pay the piper, gentlemen

Bevo16

pilot
I can't seem to figure out how this is going to impact our primary goal. You know...diversity.

Bevo16

pilot
Where did you think the trillions of dollars dumped into absurd tax cuts and Iraq were coming from? Did you really think we could have our cake and eat it, too? It's time to pay the piper, gentlemen

Well, we also saving money on PCS moves. The JFTR (Joint Federal Travel Regs) just cut reimbursable mileage from 24 cents per mile to 16.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I can't seem to figure out how this is going to impact our primary goal. You know...diversity.

I thought it was energy efficiency? Ships get great mileage plugged into shore power at the pier...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, we also saving money on PCS moves. The JFTR (Joint Federal Travel Regs) just cut reimbursable mileage from 24 cents per mile to 16.
Right before I PCS from one corner of the country to the other. FML.

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale

I think that cut was to pay for the TVs at KSUU's base ops: Plasma screens showing current NOTAMs and weather advisories = effective stewardship of taxpayer dollars :(

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Can't say i'm all that surprised. It was just a matter of time. What was the Government gonna do, print more money?

Oh wait.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
"Don't ask for Flight Hour Program funding... it is not a gap, show me what is verifiable with data.... lets concentrate on things we can fix... chip away at risk..."
-Recent outbrief comments by former SWO

Standby for the tsunami of ass pain folks....

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Standby for the tsunami of ass pain folks....
Standby?!?! You mean the attack of the bean counters is going to become WORSE!?!? Well, more squadrons going cold iron means more time to work on GMT via NKO and update our monthly Diversity goals...

MasterBates

How do they justify cutting the mileage rate?

Gas isn't cheaper. Tires have not gotten cheaper. Did tolls go down? Nope.