• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Purging SNA’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

ip568

None
shortages

>>this won't be effecting FOs. Mainly, because we are in such short supply.

Everything old is new again. When I got to my first squadron, VP-1, there were 16 crews and 15 NFOs. Each NFO had to fly both TACCO and NAV simultaneously. Now THAT's busy, esp. in the old baseline P-3Bs, which had P-2 nav systems that didn't work. The third pilot nominally sat NAV, but because he wasn't trained, and because he hated sitting NAV, he was worthless, so the real NFO had to do both jobs. Plus it was tiring listening to the 3P/NAV ***** and whine for 11 hours at a time.

With the end of VF and VA NFO seats, the end of VS, and having grounded 150 P-3Cs for airframe decay in the past two years, I suspect there is little likelihood of an NFO shortage any time soon. Finally, the DOD is planning to have 1/3 of the entire military air fleet unmanned within the next six to eight years.

http://navlog.org/unmanned.html

P-3_rig.jpg

ip568

None
oh...

... almost forgot. Looks like the MMA will be canceled as well. It's gonna be a MUCH smaller fleet unless terrorists start attacking from the sea.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
ip568 said:
..........Everything old is new again.
P-3_rig.jpg

AAAAAHHhhh .......GREAT SHOT ip568 !!! Send 'em a Harpoon. I am getting kind of old and out of practice in "rigging ship " mode(s) of operation, but is that a KIROV cruiser ??

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Zugg, I looked around for you and found the following probable job openings. Best of luck my friend.
Scott

Attachments

• jobopening2.jpg
    jobopening2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 165
  • jobopening1.jpg
    jobopening1.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 147
  • jobopening3.jpg
    jobopening3.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 183
  • jobopening4.jpg
    jobopening4.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 164

zuggerat

Godspeed said:
Zugg, I looked around for you and found the following probable job openings. Best of luck my friend.
Scott

thanx dude! wOrd to yuh mutha. i think im gonna submit my resume to the cyber moon at least ill get to fly, even if it is ass first. we're gonna get trashed on spring break wooooooooo cheap beer and ho's!

sludge31

Right now there are 9 NFOs in my API class...no SNAs...only Marine pilots and some AF guys...Do the Marines need FOs??

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Our CO just briefed us on the situation today. Basically it sent a message....if you want a pilot slot, you better have the grades or find another job.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
So, just to get this straight, if you already have a secured SNA slot for '05, you are NOT in danger of losing it until you get to API where if you aren't in the top tier you are gone?

ghost

working, working, working ...
pilot
ET-Mike said:
So, just to get this straight, if you already have a secured SNA slot for '05, you are NOT in danger of losing it until you get to API where if you aren't in the top tier you are gone?

Not top tier, top 80%.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
Also, for you FY05 guys, they may have the problem fixed by the time you get down here. The crunch is for us FY04 SNAs. Supposedly they have already but the choke on the FY05 quotas via the commissioning sources.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
I know at my unit everyone got SNA that wanted it, like 7 of us. We were told going in that it would be VERY limited this year, blah blah blah. Everyone was thinking only 2 or 3 would get it at most. Is this a trend around other units does anyone know? I haven't really heard from anyone that was denied SNA this time around ('05). Or maybe they just don't want to roger up and say they were denied, which I understand too.

NavyLonghorn

API Crazyness

All you have to do is get motivated enough to be in the top 80%. Its not a big deal.

Ben, the Navy wont send you to OCS if they don't have a slot for you in A-pool. They will either tell you to not come to OCS, or make you wait until a slot is open. Since you are BDCP, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The only people who are gonna get shafted by this, are people applying for OCS slots. Those pretty much dont exhist anymore for non BDCPers.. but that is nothing new.

Just study hard enough to be in the top 80% or so (a 42.5 NSS is not good.. you recieve a 68 NSS for a 100 on a test)

Status
Not open for further replies.