• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Public Health Warning -- Not aviation related, but still

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Bah. Everyday germs are good for building natural resistance and preventing allergies.

From http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/vol7no3_supp/levy.htm

Besides resistance, the antibacterial craze has another potential consequence. Reports are mounting about a possible association between infections in early childhood and decreased incidence of allergies (18). In expanding this "hygiene hypothesis," some researchers have found a correlation between too much hygiene and increased allergy (18-21).

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
I've heard about some study that found that kids who don't play in the dirt and eat sandbox sand early on don't develop the right bacterial flora in their gut and they never end up processing food correctly.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, then I'll be sure to lick the handles of the shopping cart.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
I've heard about some study that found that kids who don't play in the dirt and eat sandbox sand early on don't develop the right bacterial flora in their gut and they never end up processing food correctly.
When I was little-little, my mom had a neatnik friend who was obsessed with disinfecting everything her toddler came in contact with. Well, one day, we're all at the park for a playdate, and a fly lands on this kid's lip. Two days later, he's going in to the doctor to get his new abscess taken care of - because he'd never been exposed to bacteria, his immune system was underdeveloped, and his body couldn't fight off the germs from the fly.

I grew up surrounded by pets, running around in the woods, hanging out in barns, and otherwise engaging in the messiest activities I could find. I came home looking like Pig Pen more days than not, but I've got myself a cast-iron immune system.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
When I was little-little, my mom had a neatnik friend who was obsessed with disinfecting everything her toddler came in contact with.
The evolution of parents -

First kid: Spray down everything with disenfectant, put the kids toys in an autoclave, don't let them touch dirt, etc.

Second kid: "Quit eating the dog's food. You'll ruin your supper".
:icon_tong

KC130FE

Livin' the Life!
The evolution of parents -

First kid: Spray down everything with disenfectant, put the kids toys in an autoclave, don't let them touch dirt, etc.

Second kid: "Quit eating the dog's food. You'll ruin your supper".
:icon_tong

We waited until the third kid for that last one.:D

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Have we met? :watching3

I dunno, I'm the arrogant, "Fuck you, you incompetent piece of shit, THIS is how you do it!!! God I hate being smarter than everyone else!" first-born.

I was NOT pampered or sheltered like the youngest is.