• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PT Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidsin

I was just wondering where I am at with regards to pt schedule. How does your schedule look like, and what's your pft score? Here's mine feel free to give suggestions. Thanks.

Monday 4.5 mi. run on track max pull-ups, push ups, dips, crunches, curls stretch session & 30-min swim (approx. 3 hrs)

Tuesday 4 laps @ 90 sec/lap or less or 1.5 mile in boots c-train max pull-ups, push-ups & crunches 20-min swim (approx. 2.5 hrs)

Wednesday 3 mi. run 30 min swim max pull-ups, push-ups & crunches (stretch extra) (approx. 3 hrs) at gym

Thursday 20-min stairs max pull ups, push-ups, crunches, tricep dips, c-train & 30-min swim (approx. 2.5 hrs)

Friday 3-mile run at track (timed) max pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, tricep dips & 20 min. swim (approx. 3 hrs)

Saturday stretching & max pull-ups. Light running, Mountain hump, beach jog, biking or any sport.

Sunday stretch & rest

Routine: Mornings dips, curls and push-ups (or I do them in between every set of pull-ups) everything else after work.
Pull ups at night before bed max pull-ups is first set max reps so far i'm doing 19-20
second set 13, third, 12, fouth 11, fifth, 10.

15min stretch before and after workout.

-------------------------
"Brothers and allies, my own beautiful dogs from hell! This next wave will be the day's last. Cinch up your balls, men, for one final surpassing effort. The enemy believes us exhausted and anicipates dispatching us to the underworld beneath his onslaught of fresh, rested troops. What he doesn't know is we're alredy there. We crossed the line hours ago."

Dithyrambos

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Looks good to me. The only thing that I could suggest is to run one of your 'track' runs on the road or rugged terrain. Running this way will incorporate some hills and stuff. What are you running your three miles in? Do you try to pace yourself on the timed three mile run from lap-to-lap? I see that you swim 5 days a week. Do you run before or after the swim? Are you swimming using the freestyle stroke? I'm not questioning your workout. I am curious as to how I should start swimming. Thanks. Semper Fi.

P.S. When are you going to OCS?

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

davidsin

I'm contracted for SNFO shooting for 183 waiting on official word from the board.

I'm running on a high school dirt quarter mile track when I'm doing the timed 3 mile, and I just start off mild and go faster gradually.

I usually swim after my run, and I started swimming recently like a few months ago, so that's the most difficult for me. Yes I do freestyle mostly and little bit of backstroke. Sometimes I don't want to drive so much, so I do everything at the gym including running (on the treadmil). I was wondering what the difference is between running on the earth and running the treadmil. It deffinatly feels different.

Man I do wish I could reduce my workout schedule...with 8hrs of work it's hard to keep up.

"Brothers and allies, my own beautiful dogs from hell! This next wave will be the day's last. Cinch up your balls, men, for one final surpassing effort. The enemy believes us exhausted and anicipates dispatching us to the underworld beneath his onslaught of fresh, rested troops. What he doesn't know is we're alredy there. We crossed the line hours ago."

Dithyrambos

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Perosnaly, I dont like the treadmil cause it's boring for me to run in the same place over and over. Although, it is nice to get a "timed" feel. I just try to run outside as long as it isn't blistering cold out. The dirt track is good to go then. I thought that you might be running on one of the newer "rubber" tracks. I ran on one like this in high school and it was like running on bunch of tires. Excellent absorbancy (spelling?). Anyways, keep up the good work.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

klostman

the happy dance!
Davidsin, just curious, do you do your pullups widegrip palms facing away, or palms facing? Do you do your pullups fast or very slow? 19-20? Thats pretty damn good. Appreciate the input.

Nick

davidsin

I do the pull-ups palms away. I think this way it's harder at first but this way you're putting your back muscles to work, which fatigue a lot slower than the biceps which is being used when you're doing it palms in. My grip is about 2' 9" apart from each other. I do it pretty slowly because I don't like rocking back and forth when I'm doing it fast. I got this pull up bar that I could mount on my doorway which is 3' wide, so my grips has to be within 3' of coarse. I can do it better if my grip was a little bit wider apart. Also, I like to make sure that my chin is over the bar, my legs are not jerking or bent, my form and breathing is good, and I come to a complete dead hang in the end. I like to hold the last rep as long as I can as if I'm doing the female version of the pft. I could do it fast if I want to but I start swinging back and fourth like a monkey swinging on a tree.

I'm following the 1st Recon BN program that my OSO gave me. It's simply awsome. I improved so fast with it. I do 50 push-ups, and i sqeeze in some curls with 20Lb dumbells in between each set of pull-ups.

Right now I'm just trying to get my run time down. My best pft run time is 21:15
spin_125.gif

Semper Fi

klostman

the happy dance!
Thats great. I'm getting around 18-19 deadhang, very slow. I think I may be placing to much emphasis on low rep's heavy weight. I need to get more of a blend possibly. Keep it up Davidsin, I can tell your doin' the right thing. SF

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
You guys are going to be ahead of the game. You'll be suprised how many Candidate show up unprepared (physically). Keep up the good work!!

LAND MINES are equal opportunity weapons!!!

Taxman2A

War were declared.
yeah I agree with E5B, you guys will be ahead of the game, but you won't be TOO far ahead... I'd say that 21:15 is about average, maybe SLIGHTLY faster than average for what most candidates report with, and I'd say the average pull ups are somewhere around 16. But Davidsin that workout you are doing is no joke, keep that up and you'll be a monster by the time you are down there. Aim for a run somewhere in that 19 minute range and the whole complexion of OCS becomes a little bit less challenging I'd say.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I think for OCS I ran 3 times a week, probably did 4 max sets of pull ups on those same days and one max set of crunches on those days; for two months before shipping. I raced motocross twice a week too (I guess wrestling a 250lbs motorcycle around on a track counts for something). I didn't prepare near as much as you and did extremely well at OCS. I think if you keep this program up (and don't injure yourself) you'll have the PT in the bag. One suggestion though: if you can do your workouts in heavy clothing or in the heat of the day (get used to being very hot and very uncomfortable (drenched in sweat and dust, and mentally exhausted)) you'll be even farther ahead of the game. It gets very hot and humid in Quantico in the late Spring!

farkle84

shoot you guys are ballz out. i just lifted weights six days a week and ran 3 miles three days a week and i felt fine at OCS. sounds like you guys are motivated. just remember the way you are now and when you are actually there. and it is humid as hell, i am from California and its just dry heat here. good luck

davidsin

There was a few candidates here that left me in the dust during the last pft, and did like 23 pull-ups. After some did 20 pull-ups the gunny shouted, "one for Capt Hollimon...one for the Corps...one for.."

That's reason enough to keep me motivated to keep trying harder.

Semper Fi

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah, JBoomer is totally right. When I was preping for OCS I'd run in the hottest part of the day. It really helped with the heat, but nothing, nothing prepared me for the humidity. Especially coming from near zero % in West Texas!

LAND MINES are equal opportunity weapons!!!

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I'm going to start swimming today. I just wanted to see what you guys thought I should do for a workout schedule. I'm a certified lifeguard, so I can do most of the strokes. I thought about starting off with something just to get my heart pumping like 15 min. of swim time. Any suggestions?

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Well,

Last summer I was running during the hottest part of the day and up here in NY it was HUMID as all hell!! Good notch to have on your belt but WOW was that like a splinter poking at your brain. Although, after a while it became routine and it wasn't as bad. The great thing about running in humid weather is that you have the track all to your self ... (hehe).

Peace,

-Spin

Status
Not open for further replies.