• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRT scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

jburnes

I was just wondering what everyone here has scored on the PRT if you've taken it.

has anyone earned a fitness badge? or have any good prt stories? maybe not..but i thought i'd ask...

GatorNFO

SNFO in Primary
I took mine this past Saturday. I ended up with 71pu, 68su, and 11:19 run. The pu were regulation, in that there was a person holding his fist below me and if my chest didnt hit his fist they didnt count.

TBag463

85pu's, 95 su's and 9:30 run. had the fist, too. Did you count or did your tester? I counted out loud together with my tester.

KurnlReb

This website is still new to me, so bare with me...
I was wondering about the PRT. I'm prior enlisted, so I know what to expect, but I was wondering at what point in the application process were you tested? My recruiter doesn't get too far ahead of the game on what to expect. He just pretty much feeds me the info as we go. I just took the ASTB yesterday, and I've submitted all the documentation. I'm wondering what I should expect next.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
For me, I'm not taking my PRT till after I"m Pro Req'ed, I"m not sure if it is the same for everyone.

Ben

jburnes

Isn't there some sort of pre-PRT for DEPpers?

I never realized how much harder sit-ups are than crunches...im glad i didn't wait till the morning of the prt to find out.

GatorNFO

SNFO in Primary
Kurnl, You will complete your PRT after getting your professional recommendation. Upon receiveing this, you will do your PRT and MEPS physical and a little more paperwork, then all this is sent in as your final docs. I've heard some districts switch up the order, but for the most part that is the procedure.

JB, I'm in DEP also and was required to complete my Nov PRT in the same week as the rest of my district. I was advised to expect another PRT approx 1 month before I depart in MAR.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
well, a year ago, i got 97 pu's, 90 su's, 10:53 on the run. yes yes, i know, i suck at running, but i don't know what to do to run faster after not running for like 2 years!

jburnes

if you really want to get faster...as opposed to those who just wish they were faster...then you need to do some hill repeats (of atleast 30 seconds of up hill) or 200's and 400's on the track...just about as many as you can all at the same pace until you can't hit your time anymore...and make sure to run the next day to loosen your legs up...

and if it isnt hurting, then you're doing something wrong.

Hey, can someone tell me how they make you do the situps? Does someone hold your feet down for you or do you just do them on your own?? Thanks

Oh good... I was a little worried. I don't have to do it until after I get pro rec'ed, but I'm trying to get ready now and that's how I've been doing them. I can do a ton of sit ups, but I'm a little worried about push-ups. Well, I can do a little more than the min. required, but I'd like to be able to do more. I'm a girl, but I want to hit the guy's requirements for everything. I can do the sit ups and the run at the guy's standards easy, but I'm having more issues with push ups :-( Any hints?

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
I like your drive littledancerus...here's an idea for how to improve your pushups...1) find out what your max is, I have no idea what the Navy min's are as I am a Marine Corps candidate...once you have your max 2) take 60-70% of it and do that number for 5 sets with 90 secs rest...then 3) after your last two sets put you knees down in the "womens position" and do as many as possible...4) do that every other day and I'm sure you'll see improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.