• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Proof of Citizenship

RZA

I was not born in the US, but my parents naturalized before I turned 18 which gave a US citizenship. I don't have a certificate or anything, but I do have a US Passport.

so... Is a US Passport enough to prove my citizenship? Or would I have to go get some sort of certificate?

RZA

I don't know.. I was about 12 years old I didn't do any of the paperwork, and apparently I don't have any certificates or anything. I just have this passport.

Deepsea 31

Life comes at you fast
None
I don't know.. I was about 12 years old I didn't do any of the paperwork, and apparently I don't have any certificates or anything. I just have this passport.

Dude, If you have a U.S. Passport, you are a U.S. citizen, period.

Deepsea 31 out.

RZA

Dude, If you have a U.S. Passport, you are a U.S. citizen, period.

Deepsea 31 out.

That's what I thought as well. I have been using my passport for years to prove my citizenship, but on the PLC application it says I need A certificate of citizenship. I asked my OSO about it, he wasn't sure and called someone else who said a passport is not good enough. But I have had misinformation before like this, and I just want to double check this info, since i have used my passport many times for government related things.

Deepsea 31

Life comes at you fast
None
That's what I thought as well. I have been using my passport for years to prove my citizenship, but on the PLC application it says I need A certificate of citizenship. I asked my OSO about it, he wasn't sure and called someone else who said a passport is not good enough. But I have had misinformation before like this, and I just want to double check this info, since i have used my passport many times for government related things.

I think if you read your application carefully, it says Passport OR Certificate. If you have a U.S. Passport issued by the U.S. Department of State in Washington D.C. you are by definition a U.S. Citizen. No other proof is necessary.

Good luck to you.

Deepsea 31 out.

snake020

Contributor
Sarcasm Bro.

You can use the DOS website to trace the source of your qualification as a US Citizen and follow that trail to get your SS Card, which is another form of proof of citizenship.

:confused:

Bad gouge. SS card doesn't prove anything.

Proof of citizenship is defined here in paragraph 2.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I was not born in the US, but my parents naturalized before I turned 18 which gave a US citizenship. I don't have a certificate or anything, but I do have a US Passport.

so... Is a US Passport enough to prove my citizenship? Or would I have to go get some sort of certificate?

I had this EXACT situation. Parents naturalized before I was 18. I had a US Passport and no certificate of citizenship. I renounced my Canadian citizenship, and made it through OCS just fine. It can be done.

PM sent.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I had this EXACT situation. Parents naturalized before I was 18. I had a US Passport and no certificate of citizenship. I renounced my Canadian citizenship, and made it through OCS just fine. It can be done.

PM sent.

You were a CANADIAN!?

...gross! :D

jk man.

Deepsea 31

Life comes at you fast
None
RZA, I'll just add a note here on this topic. If your parents got a U.S. Passport for themselves and you fraudulently, you all are in deep dodo.... And this will all come out when you fill out your SF86 form requesting a DoD security clearance and the subsequent background investigation on your past associations and activities. Google "SF86" to see what all is involved.

Deepsea 31 out.