• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Promotion In BDCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CARJAK

We recently had a meeting at our ORS and our Commander from San Antonio mentioned that after we recieve our degree, we would start recieving E-5 pay. I was just curious to see if anyone out there has heard of this. If so how long did it take after you graduated to start recieving the extra pay? Thanks Guys.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The promotion to E-5 is in your contract. I'm still in school, but I would assume it takes a few weeks/months for them to upgrade your pay. You'll be backpaid from your grad date but it will take a while.

wigs_34

can you earn up to an e-5 while still in school? i thought i heard that if you make the deans list or sucessfully recruit someone, that you get a bump in pay first up to e-4, then up to e-5. any of this true?

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
both true. dean's list must be 2 consecutive semesters. the recruit must actually be accepted into a program and swear into the Navy. do either one and you get promoted.

version2point0

you can get two promotions for getting people into the program max. you get one promotion for getting deans list 2 sems in a row (3 quarters if you are on that system. summer never counts) your contract does say that you get e-5 as of the day you graduate and they are pretty good about promoting your pay within 4 weeks. yes it is retroactive to the day you graduate so thats a nice sump sum in one paycheck :) your contract also says "e-5 unless you are already being paid higher". so if you get two people into the program and make deans list, that should put you at e-6 before you even graduate and that gives more money in your pocket before you move. sweet huh?

-v2.0

jdm

Anyone know if you have prior service if you will get your prior paygrade back or do you start at E-3 regardless? I still have E-5 ID card for IRR, my recruiter wasn't sure how they would handle that, I'm guessing E-3 is what I'll get paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.