• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Professionally Recommended But Not Selected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobNLa

Just wondering if anyone has been professionally recommended but then not officially selected. For what reasons were you turned down and did you resubmit your application? Thanks.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This didn't happen to me... but my recruiter told me that they need a good reason to give you a pro rec and nonselect. Something that comes up in your medical exam or background check. Also if you fail the PRT.

Courtney

Can you be "professionally recommended" by any officer regardless of rank? a military pilot? Or just officers that are higheer in the chain of command?

Courtney

WFU2USN

Courtney,

The OCS Selection Board is the one that makes the professional recommendation.

Robin

http://www.geocities.com/califchick1175/USN/navy.html

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The professional recommendation is what you get when the selection board says this: "Your application is good. If you send us your PRT, EPSQ, and MEPS report and you pass them all we will let you be in the Navy (or Marines I guess - don't know how their process works). The professional recommendation is not something you add to your package. It's the selection board's response to what you send them. It's the YES or NO answer you wait so stinkin' long to hear.

Just wanted to clear that up for yall.

gnorman911

Have you gotten you official accept and your date yet, bcgeib. I am still waiting on mine after they lost my application, and then they didn't tell me that they wanted a reference from everyone I ever worked for until a few weeks ago. So of course, one of my old bosses was in the hospital till this week. So looks like my wait is starting again, hopefully I here something soon. Been waiting 3 months now for the official selection. Otherwise I am going to have to take it as I will not be getting in to OCS, and I am going to start have to start grad school. If anyone out there has any ideas how I can find out what is going with my application, I would be very interested. As my recruiter says he has no clue on the matter. Either yes or no, but I really need to know.

kevin

find out where the selection board meets. next, dress as a janitor. you will also need fake documents, etc and references on hand regarding your previous janitorial experience. then you can..........sorry, i actually have no idea. i guess you could try calling up to a higher power in millington or something. im in a parallel situation and all i can do is wait and smile while i twittle my thumbs.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gnorman-

Yes, I have been selected! I have orders to report to OCS on October 2, 2004. It feels soooooo good to have this behind me now.

This reference thing you have going on sounds way off. The only thing I did was fill out where/when I worked for the EPSQ. They NEVER asked for anything else.

Don't be afraid to be assertive with your recruiter. If he doesn't know how to find out where your application is he can call his district office. The district people know how to find crap out. Make sure your recruiter remembers that he's there to work for you. I was blessed with a great recruiter who continues to work with me on everything. I wish they were all as considerate...

DO NOT GIVE UP!!! You can still make it man. If the grad school thing is an issue be sure to mention it to your recruiter. Let me know if there's anything I can answer for you. Good luck. BEN

gnorman911

Am I the only person that was told that they need a reference from everyone they worked for? If so, this sucks. Hey Ben by the way, can you give me your recruiters number. I really need to talk to someone who knows what is going on. Also, huge congrats on your final acceptance.

L

lesliejonavy

Yes, you do need a reference from everyone you have worked for in the last three years. They just implemented this in June, sorry.

reapergm

What is a pro recommendation? Im a Marine OCS applicant. I have a ton of personal references, a few teachers, a few word and 4 military (3 officers). Do the military recommendations give me any advantage for acceptance?

Praying to get in 184

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
professional recommendation... maybe just a navy thing

WFU2USN

reaper,

The Navy's OCS Boards make a professional recommendation to accept/not accept an applicant once their initial information/application has been reviewed. After this, the applicant submits their physical, PRT Scores and some other info. for further review. Once this review is complete, the applicant is either offered or denied an OCS slot.

IS2(SCW)

http://www.geocities.com/califchick1175/USN/navy.html

Status
Not open for further replies.