• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pro-Rec'd then Non-Selected.

AnonymousGuy

None
Do you think it's the board that matters, or the OCS date? I got pro rec'd back in June of '09, but I won't go to OCS until August, so commissioning in FY11. Who knows... guess we'll all just have to wait and see what happens.

Wow...how can it be that long between pro-rec and OCS? There were people at my NRD that were just pro-rec'd recently and they got August shipout dates also.

GreenLantern330

Wow...how can it be that long between pro-rec and OCS? There were people at my NRD that were just pro-rec'd recently and they got August shipout dates also.

My guess is the needs of the Navy. I read in other threads that a lot of people with certain designators had their OCS dates changed to the same one. In that particular scenario, a lot of pilots and NFOs had their date moved up to an earlier date. Maybe the Navy needs more aviators in the near future.

beaverslayer

pilot

I got picked up for a direct ascension, but still had a year of college to finish up. I won't get my FS letter until after I swear in, which can't happen until after I graduate in May.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Keep Trying!

To the folks that were de-selected, don't give up. I was in your shoes more or less in 2004 as a senior in college and my pilot plans fell through very last minute due to a lot of factors that were out of my hands, much like now.

I got civi accounting job in the real world for a few years and then decided to give it another go. The stars aligned and it worked out this time...4 years later. I may be one of the older guys in Primary, but I'm that much more grateful of it now.

You have until you're 27 (or more if you're prior). Don't give up. :turtle_12

markkyle66

I got picked up for a direct ascension, but still had a year of college to finish up. I won't get my FS letter until after I swear in, which can't happen until after I graduate in May.

Thats sort of odd, I'm a DA guy from the July 09 board and have already gotten a Final Select, taken the oath, and contracted...but haven't graduated yet.