• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pro Rec'd NFO

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
Just wanted to introduce myself to the NFO forum...been on AW for awhile. I started my application process (SNA/SNFO) Jun 2008. It's taken me since then to obtain multiple waivers for all kinds of things, but on Monday I got the call. Pro rec'd NFO, waiting on the final select. Recruiter feels confident it should come within a month. I graduate Dec 19 and should go to OCS Jan or Feb according to NRD Nashville. I am looking forward to my career as an NFO and I'm getting more excited every day. Just wanted to share the good news!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just wanted to introduce myself to the NFO forum...been on AW for awhile. I started my application process (SNA/SNFO) Jun 2008. It's taken me since then to obtain multiple waivers for all kinds of things, but on Monday I got the call. Pro rec'd NFO, waiting on the final select. Recruiter feels confident it should come within a month. I graduate Dec 19 and should go to OCS Jan or Feb according to NRD Nashville. I am looking forward to my career as an NFO and I'm getting more excited every day. Just wanted to share the good news!

Congrats! Way to hang in there!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Congrats...I know what it's like to take the "scenic route" to a Navy commission.

Don't fuck it up!

- Sooner

cpwhit1

Final Select SNFO 07 March 2010

Congrats! I'm in the same boat as yourself. Found out last Monday I am pro rec'd for SNFO after a failed attempt last March.

I take my PRT on the 17th then I guess I'll find out when I go to MEPS. Hopefully I get a final selected sometime before the new year but who knows.

Maybe I'll see ya in RI.

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
@cpwhit1- Since I had so many waivers to get, I have already completed MEPS and the PRT, so hopefully my final select will come quickly. My recruiter thinks it will.

@Cashville- Congrats on the SNA selection. SNA was my first pick, but I am equally as honored and excited to be an NFO. I know I'll be flying, definitely fixed wing and probably tailhook. Come by Atlantic BNA sometime and we can meet face to face. PM me if you want, we can figure out a time. Can't wait to get off the line and in the air!

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
yeah congrats man, June 2008 was when I first got non-select think on the same board as you. Either way more Tennessee boys off to newport, Congrats!

AF-E/Navy-O

I'm new to this.....

Hi guys,

I figured this would be the best thread to post under, being the discussion is pretty fresh yet. I first want to express how excited I am to almost be a part of all of this! Even as excited as I am, I must stay focused, because I still have to graduate college and then earn the position. Nothing is EVER given to you in the military...for the most part.

It's kind of funny the way this all worked out for me. I applied to be an Aviator, followed by METOC (my degree will be in Meteorology) and finally NFO. I got NFO, which I'm pumped about!:) I'm just new to the Navy stuff, so I'm looking for a little bit of general info on this process.

I read up on a lot of blogs about the training process, but I'm just a little ignorant on the administrative process. I got pro rec'd and received the notification just last week. The officer who sent me the notification said she needs to know the date soonest to enlist me. If you're pro rec'd it doesn't necessarily gaurantee you the spot, until you get your final select by doing your PT junk all over again, correct?

I did extremely well on my physical when I applied....nearly maxing out on PU's, maxed out on crunches and ran 10 minute 1.5 mile, if I remember right. The problem is, since then I ran the Chicago Marathon in October (finished in 3:24:56), and I've been taking the cardio portion pretty easy. I want my legs to fully recover. The muscles feel great, but I may have a bit of a runner's knee issue. I need to just stop running all-together for a few weeks. Is there a deadline from the pro rec date that I must adhere to so that I am a final select?

Sorry for the long note. I'm prior AF and new to the Navy, but working hard to learn all the in's and out's. Hence, I've got all the O and E ranks posted on my wall, along with the other things I need to know for OCS. BTW-OCS date set for 06 DEC 2010. Should I rest it all up until I feel comfortable performing the physical portion of the process?

Thanks guys!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've got all the O and E ranks posted on my wall, along with the other things I need to know for OCS.

Ahem, that ain't no wall no more, shipmate. Better start getting used to bulkhead, hatch, deck, going to the head, etc.

Welcome aboard and congrats!

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congrats, even if you do root for the not-awesome SEC school in Tennessee.

AF-E/Navy-O

Ahem, that ain't no wall no more, shipmate. Better start getting used to bulkhead, hatch, deck, going to the head, etc.

Yeah, I agree! It's going to be a fun route. I love challenges and have pushed through many years of doing things I didn't want to do to get here. I'm just glad to be a part of it all now.....well, once I earn it. I respect all those who are already there. I don't want to say that I "am" one until I get there, but I'm excited to have the opportunity! Thanks!