• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK while in BDCP program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

does anyone know if its possible to have prk while on bdcp and waiting to go to ocs? i barely passed with 20/40 at MEPS and i'm having doubts that i'll make the cut in pensacola. i understand the 3 month waiting period after the operation, which would be cutting it close for me since my ocs date is this 26 july. does anyone think it would be possible to have my ocs date moved back so that it would fall after the 3 month waiting period, espcially with the backlog that exists now? also, do those who fail the vision test at nomi have the option of having prk and retaining their SNA slot and coming back in 3 months after the surgery? I know others have asked questions similar to this, but i haven't heard any up to date gouge recently. thanks.

-jim

tali264

I'm in the exact same situation as you are. Ask your recruiter. It's possible. You must get it approved by your CO though. Don't accept the initial "no" from your recruiter - I got that too. I actually ended up talking with the recruiter at my NRD.

SkyHigh

Yeah,
Good question. I am in the same boat. One of my eyes passed the meps eye test 20/40, but who knows with NAMI physical at OCS.

Jim

The news doesn't look good. I just got a reply to my email to an opthamologist at nomi and he said that the PRK accension study is nearly full and that the offering of waivers after PRK may be cancelled at any time. I'm very surprised that there was a quota, but then again I guess it is a study. However, the opthamologist did suggest to have my vision checked at a navy or marine corps aviation clinic. he said the testing standards there are very similar to their's at nomi. I have no idea where these clinics are though.

-jim

Status
Not open for further replies.