• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK Doc in South Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crobar

Anybody know of a good doctor in South Florida??

I'm getting ready to have PRK and I've been to a few docs, but wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with a doctor in the Boca Raton, south Florida area.

I've got a year before I have to start my package with my OSO, but need to get a start with my eyes.

your help is appreciated

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
I don't know anyone in the Florida area myself, but what I did a year ago when shopping for a surgeon was ask other doctors. Your primary care physician, dentist, etc, in all likelihood has friends in the field. At the very least, they'd be more than happy to ask around for you, as they are in a much better position to find out who does what how well. I asked my Doc when I was in for a basic physical, and he gave me two names and office numbers right off the top of his head.

Jeff29

Science Project
carlcrow said:
Anybody know of a good doctor in South Florida??

I'm getting ready to have PRK and I've been to a few docs, but wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with a doctor in the Boca Raton, south Florida area.

I've got a year before I have to start my package with my OSO, but need to get a start with my eyes.

your help is appreciated

What is your current eyesight?

Jeff29

Science Project
There has been a lot of discussion/disagreement on this over the last few weeks, but my flight surgeon believes that if you are better than 20/400, you are eligible to wear soft contacts and fly. I would check this out. If you can fly without getting the surgery, it's a no-brainer. A surgeon will tell you that they have a 99% success rate, but you don't want to be that 1% (that's experience talking).

Crobar

I don't know about that...I failed to mention I'm going for Marine Aviation, and my OSO has said that only PRK or else forget about it.

I'd actually like to have the procedure no matter what, I just want the best doc I can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.