• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prior E's

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
I set this topic up for discussions w/ E's applying or selected for OCS. I'm an 8 year AT1 Inflight tech on P3s currently awaiting word on my application. I'm applying for Pilot/NFO/AMDO. It's been 2 weeks so far and I and biting my nails to the bone.

Chris
scared_125.gif

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
hey IFT, what's the word on your app, man?
I'm a prior E (CT3) hoping my time in the fleet will push me over the top. I'm going for sna/nfo/intel so we'll see what happens. I have a strong package, but who the hell knows anymore.
it always seemed to me that active-duty folks who were qualified were a shoe-in (well as close to a shoe-in as possible), I take it that's not the case anymore? everything's changed so much I don't doubt that has too.

WFU2USN

Hello,

I'm prior Navy as well - 7 years as a BU2 and am now an IS2 - 4.5 years active, the rest reserve.

I was picked up for NFO in June for a June 28, 2003. Eye surgery may cancel that -
bigeyes_125.gif
bigeyes2_125.gif
we'll see. If it does, I'm in graduate school to teach
apple_125.gif
social studies.

Good luck! Let me know if any of you guys have questions about the process.

Robin
turtle_125.gif

IFT2O

My package is really strong, good evals, awards several LORs from O5s and O6s, a great endorsement from my Skipper, scored a 53 on my ATSB and I'm already a naval aviator, I've been flying for 9 years, BS in Comp and Info Science w/ a 3.43 GPA, so you would think that might help? WHO KNOWS??? A lot of guys I have talked to have been picked up on their first package, but like you said, who knows?!?!. I called them a few weeks ago and they told me all NFO and Pilot slots were filled for FY03, I don't know how, but that was from the 'OCS guru' in TN. I'm calling down today to try to get them to put a rush on it (ha) because I'm PCSing at the end of JAN. I have already set up my move.

Chris

By the way, here is a link to some forms for measurements and eye surgery statement you WILL NEED to add to you package if you are applying for an aviation designator.-C

http://ourworld.cs.com/ChrsCND/ANTHRO.zip

IFT2O

Just talked to the guys in Millington and found out I was not selected for Pilot or NFO. So now I wait for the AMDO board which should let me know something around mid Jan. Oh well! He told me there were very few billets and that only the best packages were being selected.

Chris

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
IFT20,

You jinked yourself by saying that you were already a naval aviator. Just because you fly in the Navy doesn't make you an naval aviator. Good luck with you future endeavors.

Dave

NFOtoBE

VP-5 NFO
I guess alot has changed in a year. Last year they were begging for NFO's. If you really want to fly, reapply or talk to the aviation detailers directly. Thats what I did and got my OCS designator changed from SWO to NFO.
Good luck
Shane

Valion310

Good luck with your package. I'm prior, AE3, lots of LOC's and combat ribbons/medals. Aerospace Science major and Student Pilot and getting REALLY depressed about how things are looking and chewing my nails off waiting. Wouldn't that be great if they just looked at prior's instead of all the guys who are coming from civilian land with no military background? LOL ...

Awww well, good luck to us all I guess!

Happy New Year!

WFU2USN

Valion,

When did you submit your package?

Good luck!

Robin

PS: Perhaps 2003 will bring more slots!!

Dave Shutter

"...Last year they were begging for NFO's..."

Begging! During my two OHARP stints almost a year back we were thunking guys with good grades and crappy vision on the head and stuffing them into trunks with their app's tied around their necks! They'd wake up in the OCS "Poopie" squad bay with a 1375 designator. I felt bad about it for a while, but now they seem like the lucky ones. I know I was doing the right thing.

Keep trying guys, the slots will open up sooner or later.

IFT2O

I just found out I was selected for AMDO! My class date is 06SEP03. Not flying, but got the OCS slot!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.