• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Printing out my SF 86

plumadore11

I am having trouble viewing my SF-86 through the online site. I have completed all the information and validated it. Then, in the left side menu, under available forms is "view my sf-86", which I am assuming I would print it from. The problem, however, is that I keep getting a box that pops up that read "error building document".

Along with the "error" it says "Page 1- Personal Description" as a found problem, but I don't see anywhere for a personal description... maybe the continuation space?

Any help is much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

exo

I'm not 100% on this, but I don't think you can print it out. It's submitted electronically and then your recruiter will print it out on his end and have you sign it.

Yup, I was wrong, ignore this.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am having trouble viewing my SF-86 through the online site. I have completed all the information and validated it. Then, in the left side menu, under available forms is "view my sf-86", which I am assuming I would print it from. The problem, however, is that I keep getting a box that pops up that read "error building document".

Along with the "error" it says "Page 1- Personal Description" as a found problem, but I don't see anywhere for a personal description... maybe the continuation space?

Any help is much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

LOL. I literally just completed my umpteenth SF-86 for my periodic reinvestigation, but first time with e-quip. If it tells you there's an error, you go to top right and use the pull-down option to go to offending page (1 in your case). Once there, it should have an error note on top of page directing your attention to missing item.

As to printing the archival copy and signature forms (3), you have to go to validation page and let it error check your work first. Once it's happy, you follow directions to eventually get to a page that lets you print both the SF-86 and signature forms.

Took some getting used to, but sure beats the old way of doing them.

Gills

I had trouble with my SF 86 as well, when I would go to print it, all of the information would go blank. My OR just printed it out for me. I'd sugget that route.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
My username is not working for my SF 86...just piling on the frustration on this thread.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Username? When I go to site, it asks for my SSN to gain entry.

When I go here I mean...am I even at the right place? This is where I went the first time when I was applying for a commission.

https://nasis.cnrc.navy.mil/adcnavy/jsp/adc_dod.jsp

Maybe now that I'm "in", there is another link to a place that I'm supposed to go. Who knows? I emailed my OR and should find out tomorrow. I just have not had it updated since March.

plumadore11

LOL. I literally just completed my umpteenth SF-86 for my periodic reinvestigation, but first time with e-quip. If it tells you there's an error, you go to top right and use the pull-down option to go to offending page (1 in your case). Once there, it should have an error note on top of page directing your attention to missing item.

As to printing the archival copy and signature forms (3), you have to go to validation page and let it error check your work first. Once it's happy, you follow directions to eventually get to a page that lets you print both the SF-86 and signature forms.

Took some getting used to, but sure beats the old way of doing them.

I dont have a pull down menu on the right side. I have the site navigation on the left side, but there are listed by -pages-, so I'm not sure where to go. Oddly, after the error all my information goes blank in all the questions. Only until I log-out and log back in?? What the hell is going on?

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
The site is pretty buggy. I had a lot of trouble with it too. What I did in the end was print each page individually as I validated it using the print page function from my web browser. It's not the prettiest option but it does give you the pertinent info for your own records.

The other option is to print it out at the recruiters.

For anyone filling out the SF 86, you must use Internet Explorer.

Good luck.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Turtl3 said:
Can the sf-86 be saved in progress and started again at a later time? I assume so but i want to be sure before beginning it.
Yes, in fact you have to finish the page before continuing and it will save. You will have an opportunity to check and review each page as well.

plumadore11

My recruiter in his reply email said to print out the form to bring with me, but I'm thinking when I get there being like, you print it out and show me how to work the F'n thing!

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
My recruiter in his reply email said to print out the form to bring with me, but I'm thinking when I get there being like, you print it out and show me how to work the F'n thing!

For some reason that didnt fly with me. I think they were canging over the system or something. I just went into the OSO office and typed everything in the system. I just read it off my sheet that I had so it was pretty effortless

incubus852

pilot
Hey man, I recommend printing a copy (it can be done) and saving it... you're going to have to do it again and again and it's nice to have a copy to refer back to instead of having to remember all that crap again.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Turtle, you can print each page as you finish it. Just use the "print page" function in your browser. It ain't pretty but you will have the info. The other way is printing it out at your recruiters.