• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary: Whiting or Corpus?

normic

Does anyone have any input/experience as to what life and training will be like and how it may differ between Whiting Field and Corpus Christi?

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Does anyone have any input/experience as to what life and training will be like and how it may differ between Whiting Field and Corpus Christi?

So you joined the forum and waited 45 days to make this your first post?

What did you do? Type three characters a day and then hit submit?

To answer your question...your life will suck equally if this is your idea of initiative and motivation.

The blue on blue from a fellow Marine should speak volumes as to the overall douchbagery you showed on your first post.

Congrats! Now shut the fuck up and do your homework. There will be a test the next time you decide to show up to class .

UpstateSouthpaw

On to Whiting North

To answer your question...your life will suck equally if this is your idea of initiative and motivation.

The blue on blue from a fellow Marine should speak volumes as to the overall douchbagery you showed on your first post.

Congrats! Now shut the fuck up and do your homework. There will be a test the next time you decide to show up to class .

Wow, brutal, yet deserved, definitely use the search feature next time.

Bevo16

pilot

If it's any indication, this ^^^^guy is an instructor at Corpus. :icon_tong

Boyd must be hanging out with the VT-27 crew.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If it's any indication, this ^^^^guy is an instructor at Corpus. :icon_tong

Boyd must be hanging out with the VT-27 crew.

Hey now, -27 is where it's at!

incubus852

pilot
Normic you kinda had that one coming. Hopefully you've gained some insight utilizing those linked pages. Throw me a PM if you want some more details.

And 27 IPs don't appear as bitter about life as other VTs at Corpus...

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
And 27 IPs don't appear as bitter about life as other VTs at Corpus...

It is cyclical and CO dependent. One or two bad COs can break a squadron. I have seen it...twice.

Funny thing... when I was in 27 it felt like the place to be....28 same thing...now in 31 I have the same feeling. VTs are such a change from the fleet sea tour guys (for the most part) are just happy to be here. Of course the happiest group would be the FTS mafia:)

To the OP (if you are still out there)...there is very little chance anyone knows who you are. ...so rest easy. We don't differentiate between students. "We hate all of you equally." :icon_wink

Underlined quote courtesy of my OIC at B.O.O.S.T. circa August, 1988.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Funny thing... when I was in 27 it felt like the place to be....28 same thing...now in 31 I have the same feeling. VTs are such a change from the fleet sea tour guys (for the most part) are just happy to be here. Of course the happiest group would be the FTS mafia:)

That last part seems to be quite accurate for the P-3 guys that are here now. I don't have a clue what life was like for them, but VT-27 is not nearly as much fun as I had flying CODs. It's a lot longer work day here and the laid-back mentality doesn't match that of being in the fleet. I understand what you're saying about how a front office can make a big difference, but I am a fan of my front office and just think that some foreign (meaning not CODs) mentality overrides in TRACOM. What happened to having fun while flying?

And yes, the FTS guys do tend to love life the most. ;)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
For all the horror stories we heard before classing up, I enjoyed my time in -27. I'm sure it gets a lot better, but it was a good squadron with (mostly) awesome IPs.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
I enjoyed 27 as well. I guess that would be 3-1 then. I guess kmac counts, even though he is an instructor (who did sit with all the studs at the xmas party).

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I enjoyed 27 as well. I guess that would be 3-1 then. I guess kmac counts, even though he is an instructor (who did sit with all the studs at the xmas party).

First off, Joboy had the misfortune of saying stupid things on AW before entering Primary. It wasn't that bad for you, was it? Second of all, what's wrong with hanging out with studs at the Christ*mas party? Most of the IPs are married, and I really don't want to piss off their wives. I was a good kid until I was Bunk's student... it's been downhill since then.

*I keed, I keed