• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I know for the Marines, you take your pick when you're at TBS. Either Whiting field in Milton, FL or NAS Corprus Christi in CC, TX.

bedemonk

I know that this is far from an exact science (needs of navy, etc.), but how likely do you think it is that you will get Whiting if that is your first choice?

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Vance has the Tweed (T-37 ??)

Moodey has T-6

All navy except for NFOs have T-34C (some NFO asre training in T-6)

I recommend corpus, I am really enjoying the sqd down here. Only down side is we tend to sit more than the guys at whiting

Dave Shutter

I've known people who've asked for CC because they despise P-cola, some ask to stay because they love it. Some friends who've come back for Helos from CC thank God they did and some hate life because they didn't get Props or K-rock only because they had to come back here. Which locale is better it all up to you. As for getting which one, when I was in API (and according to the guys coming straight out of it) put down what you want and 90% of the time you'll get it. Keeping you here saves them money and other people will always ask for CC and the AF bases. The gouge about CC giving out better NSS's (ie: "Dude, everyone in Corpus get's jets!!!") never seems to die and there are always people wanting the T-6 (Moody) or the Tweet (2 seat, twin-engine jet @ Vance) and the AF method as well. Yes, I've heard people actually say that! Stud's I've met who've come back from the AF said yeah, it sucked, but they learned a lot, made a lot of friends (think reality show with flight suits) and feel better prepared and that they don't know why the Navy doesn't do things their way. Ask for what you want, you'll probably get it. If not you won't care a month later, trust me. You'll be too busy.

McNamara

Copilot, actually.
pilot
When they were handing out TRAWING assignments a couple months ago, they were letting anybody go to Corpus who wanted to, even forcing a couple of people who asked for Whiting to come here. That's probably about to change due to the scheduling SNAFU caused by primediate. As for Vance and Moody, out of my pre-API pool there were just about enough volunteers for those slots to fill them, so the people going there mostly asked for it.

Texas rules. I'd hate to have to go back to Florida for advanced helos.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
McNamara, you seem to like TX while others absolutely hate it. What's better about TX than FL? I'm just curious...

petescheu

T-37 = Tweet
Moody has the T-6; I think Vance is slated to be one of the last to go over to 6's so they'll be 37s for awhile. Navy won't be getting 6s any time soon. If you want to fly an awesome plane, go Moody. You'll have to deal with the A/F training though.
You can pretty much go into student control and ask to go to a certain place after you check in to API. Doesn't mean you'll get it though, remember, it's always based on needs of the navy... which means the bone comes down quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.