• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary Complete

MasterBates

I thought Retards, OOPS Retreads got priority for scheduling?

Congrats. It snowed there 2 years ago at christmas. F'in unbelivable. Driving to Corpus in the snow for Christmas was odd. Locals dont know how to drive in the snow.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Locals dont know how to drive in the snow.

In ROTC, had a friend in the unit from VA. Didn't know how to drive in snow/ice. Too bad that's a common occurence in MA. She used to ask me to drive her places when it was ice/snow. Now, driving in ice/snow is a practiced skill... but the only way to learn is to do it. Silly southerners.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It freaks my wife out (SoCal girl) when I drive 70+ pulling a trailer in near whiteout conditons.

I once drove from WPI to Holy Cross during a state of emergency because it was snowing so bad. Why? To have a snowball fight while drunk, that's why. There was like 2+ feet of snow on the ground and more coming. I couldn't get past 35 MPH without losing steering control... luckily I was the only one on the highway... no one else was stupid enough to be out haha.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I grew up in Texas and drove tons of times in the snow in Vermont. Its really not that hard, but it never surprised me the number of people who ran off the road with the slightest amount of snow up there.

And congrats on getting helos man. They're lots of fun to fly, so says me.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I grew up in Texas and drove tons of times in the snow in Vermont. Its really not that hard, but it never surprised me the number of people who ran off the road with the slightest amount of snow up there.

Because people are morons. They drive too fast, get a false sense of security with 4WD, or are inexperienced. Ice is the big one... black ice can make you do some freaky sh!t.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I thought Retards, OOPS Retreads got priority for scheduling?

Priorties = Everything not Navy. Then the Navy. Different pots of money...and the USN/MC are the only one that's running dry...

to hover divine...

Welcome to the realm of unrestricted aviation. First beer at the Rusty Nail is on me...

~D

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I caught a ride home in a 1981 chevy station wagon with bald tires and bad lights in the middle of snowstorm just to get away from that place a day earlier for Christmas. I'll be going back to alumni weekend this year probably 45% chance of snow (its in September).

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I caught a ride home in a 1981 chevy station wagon with bald tires and bad lights in the middle of snowstorm just to get away from that place a day earlier for Christmas. I'll be going back to alumni weekend this year probably 45% chance of snow (its in September).

I'm actually thinking about going back for Alumni weekend this year too. Its surprisingly easy to get to BTV from JAX on JetBlue. I'll buy the first round at the Rustic (only bar in Northfield) if I make it.