• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary CCX

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Why has Whiting always gotten longer XC's than Corpus?

It seemed that Corpus guys have nominally gotten the "leave Friday morning, be back Sun night" XC, unless its for a static display/airshow, and I know a lot of Whiting guys who went on the road for a week.

Probably because Corpus was so far behind. Now Whiting is feeling the crunch, so they're more limited. FWIW, VT-6 has been doing the 3 day thing for quite some time, but they also are usually ahead on production, so it ends up working out, from the Ops perspective.

lthackston

I'd recommend going anywhere north so you can fly along the TN river and the Sequachie River valley. Good flying through there on a nice day.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
XC destinations, go south. The freezing level is so low this time of year, anywhere north is pretty much no-go. Cayo Hueso is always a winner.

These inflatable camp cushions are pretty gouge for preventing that butt/lower back pain. $30 from REI. Don't know if they're kosher for ejection seats, but they were money for 5.5 Afghanistan flights in the War Hummer's Spanish Inquisition-vintage seats, so they should hold up for 2-3 hours in a Turbo Weenie.

Some dudes got the gucci Brookstone/Sharper Image cushions with memory foam, and those work good, too. The REI ones are about half the price, and you can roll 'em up and stick 'em in your helmet bag.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
My XC in August was Whiting-Denver-El Paso-Whiting. Good times in Golden, CO.

It wasn't my idea though, Onwing already had the whole thing figured out. I just planned the legs.

MasterBates

Speaking of Primary CCX, I need another place to go tomorrow probably.. Was going to JAX, but the crap parked over Pcola looks like it will kill my XC to there.

I got 4 legs in a T-45, about 600NM no wind per leg, provided the Alternate is close.

Tried crunching the numbers to Vegas, but the winds are killin me.

Anyone know anything cool going on anywhere?

Brett1

Banned
Speaking of Primary CCX, I need another place to go tomorrow probably.. Was going to JAX, but the crap parked over Pcola looks like it will kill my XC to there.

I got 4 legs in a T-45, about 600NM no wind per leg, provided the Alternate is close.

Tried crunching the numbers to Vegas, but the winds are killin me.

Anyone know anything cool going on anywhere?

A little south of Jax for a weekend of open bar and unlimited lap dances......

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Austin is also a really cool town...

Seconded. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the few places I would actually like to live in Texas.

I went to Chicago...

I did too--managed to squeak it in, too, since we went in November. We got pretty lucky; it was warm the day we go in and the day we left.

If I was going to do one now, I'd probably try for Key West.