• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary at Whiting Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappu411

Naval Aviator
whats up yall, i opened up tyhis topic cuz im trying to learn a little more about whiting field i am in pcola right now and im hoping to transfer to whiting for primary this winter and i am curious as to how they are accepting people, how fast/slow the rate is , and if people are still required to live in the Q.

ton

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Right now the word is still that they are making people live in the Q. If you are married, you probably won’t have the choice of moving to Corpus. After that, it depends. I saw some of the single folk with PSC orders to whiting end up moving to corpus on a couple of weeks notice. Needs of the Navy/USMC as always.
Other than that, Miton is in the middle of bumblefuk. Nothing out hear but single divorced moms and many other arrangements of WT.
I recommend the Q, the drive sucks and the workload is huge. They say that the academic hazing ends at API, but I can assure you that I had a lot less sleep Fam 1-5 than any other portion of the training. It kicks ass though, once the instructor asks you if there is anything else you want to try... “well, how about some of that High-G-Sh1t, Sir!”..Ok “harness locked and tight...” was it the hick maneuver they taught us?...it sounds more like ohhh fuk..fuk...once all you see is blue sky.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
As always, it’s a balancing act. Some people live in P’cola to be close to where its at, and others live in Pace to be near work. If your going to live in Pace…how the hell could that possibly be better than the Q? My study style consists of work hard, power nap, work hard…with the sims, cpts, etc, I do a lot better taking a nap, and then working late into the night. The building is open till 10 on weekdays, and usually relatively few people there after 7, so you can get some extra time in when needed.
Fam 1-5, they flew me every day and I really didn’t have time to crap, so I wasn’t so worried about living it up.
The Q’s got everything I need, but this really is the meat and potatoes type of base…not a lot of fluff. The weekend sucks, you can go to the Texas Roadhouse, or make the hour drive down to P’cola. The choice is drive to work, or drive to fun, either way your driving. Before the Q, I was living by UWF, which was still a drive to work, and a drive to fun, so at least I don’t have to drive to work anymore. Making money off BAH, you pretty much have to have roommates, and I would be surprised to find someone with a single bedroom comparable to the Q off their BAH.
Study all week, drink all Friday night, and sleep it off on the Beach…that about sums it up.

Agent00JP

Hey Kappu! Have fun with the grad school stuff. Looks like Whiting won't be seeing you anytime soon. Oh, and I wish people would stop spouting out both sides of the story of married people and corpus. There is no rule that if you are married you are going to Whiting, so you single guys, stop lying. It has more to do with whether or not you have accepted money to be moved to Pcola, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.