• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pretty good f-35 display management video

Phantom309

One could argue that the seamless integration of sensors, comm, datalink, etc could reduce pilot workload.

I tend to agree, looking at that video one would think that it would reduce workload. One of our pilots was an F-15E driver and I was talking to him one day, and the amount of crap he has to do while driving the bus is mind boggling. From what he described they've added so much stuff that basically certain button act like the shift button on a keyboard to call on different functions.

To many moving parts for this guy, I'll take my hammer and just beat the heck out of it until it starts working for him again.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
One could argue that the seamless integration of sensors, comm, datalink, etc could reduce pilot workload.

that's certianly true but as i'm sure you well know , when they find out your work load is reduced, they give you more work to do.
i was much busier in the tomcat than i ever was in a phantom...go figger..

Reactions: Fog

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
well, i don't think it will be china. they probably wouldn't lend us the money to go to war with them.

Well, look at it this way: that would give us good reason to cease payments on the $1trillion we owe them - and since their exports to us are triple ours to them, they get hurt much more than we. Of course, Boeing would lose its largest export customer, but no other exporter here would be badly damaged.

Yankee Uniform Tango
zafpy.jpg

I got to play around with the F-35 simulator a few months back. After a few minutes of boring holes in the sky, I switched from the B to the A model on the fly and proceeded to strafe my own carrier with the internal gun. The USAF guy showing me around was not amused. Pew pew.

But for reals, the capabilities of this a/c are quite amazing.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
I tend to agree, looking at that video one would think that it would reduce workload. One of our pilots was an F-15E driver and I was talking to him one day, and the amount of crap he has to do while driving the bus is mind boggling. From what he described they've added so much stuff that basically certain button act like the shift button on a keyboard to call on different functions.

To many moving parts for this guy, I'll take my hammer and just beat the heck out of it until it starts working for him again.

Wait, so this guy actually flew an F-15E? Can you tell us more about what he told you about what it is like to fly a fighter jet? Can I get his screen name so I can chat with him on AIM? Please tell us more.

Phantom309

Wait, so this guy actually flew an F-15E? Can you tell us more about what he told you about what it is like to fly a fighter jet? Can I get his screen name so I can chat with him on AIM? Please tell us more.

Yep he was the pilot, I wasn't really asking him how it was to fly the Strike Eagle, I was asking him a question, I had been asking for years of something I noticed when I worked on them, after 12 years of asking I finally got my answer. I don't think that he has an AIM screen name. I'd be happy to answer what ever questions you may have and that I'm able to.