• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

President of Perazzi Shotguns arrested in Denver

Pugs

Back from the range
None
A cabbie in Denver turns in Daniele Perazzi, president of Perazzi (quite possibly the finest sporting shotguns in the world) as a terrorist because of his foreign accent and the guns even though he was going to a gun show.

http://www.examiner.com/article/sho...custody-at-colo-gun-show-on-cabbie-terror-tip

I don't blame the cabbie for making the call but the Denver Police being stupid enough to arrest him is just full blown moronic. Where do we get such idiots?

Renegade One

None
A cabbie in Denver turns in Daniele Perazzi, president of Perazzi (quite possibly the finest sporting shotguns in the world) as a terrorist because of his foreign accent and the guns even though he was going to a gun show.

I don't blame the cabbie for making the call but the Denver Police being stupid enough to arrest him is just full blown moronic. Where do we get such idiots?
I'm just guessing, of course, but I think once someone throws out "the T word" to law enforcement, some well-defined protocols involving national agencies come into play. As much as the LEOs might have wanted to release Mr. Perazzi, and maybe even give him a "courtesy ride" to his destination, their hands were tied.

GroundPounder

I'm just guessing, of course, but I think once someone throws out "the T word" to law enforcement, some well-defined protocols involving national agencies come into play. As much as the LEOs might have wanted to release Mr. Perazzi, and maybe even give him a "courtesy ride" to his destination, their hands were tied.

I wish that I could agree with you, but based on the newspaper account ( which I hate to base opinions on ) , it seems as if they went a little overboard. I'm also double checking my handbook, but if we now have the ability to order people to leave the country by sundown I need to start making my list.

There are procedures that we follow with a suspected terrorist, and if someone warrants an extra look, that does happen. When the " right " name gets ran through NCIC, interested alphabet people call ASAP. One thing to remember is that although Dep. Jones wrote the report and gets in the news, it might have been Deputy Chief Smith that made the bonehead call to banish him from the kingdom. In my training and experience, given what information is out on this incident, they get an F.

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
Geez, our country is becoming the laughing stock. I hope he sues that cab company and department into bankruptcy. What a disgrace to a great man.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was curious and looked this up, the local Denver news just says he was 'taken in for questioning' then released and his guns returned. 'Questioning' often means taken to a police station for voluntary questioning though arguably if it is a foreigner unfamiliar with our laws they might not perceive it as 'voluntary'. It would be to see if the police actually placed him in custody.

What I found a little puzzling though is that the person reported as being arrested, Daniele Perazzi, apparently passed away late last year. I assumed it was a son or other relative with the same name but his obituary only makes mention of a son Maduro and a daughter Roberta. So did they get the name wrong (Daniele instead of Maduro) or something else? I am honestly curious.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This now going very weird - Apparently a Grandson - The guy who wrote the story is backing off.......

Well, that went from interesting to bizarre really quick. Thanks for the info.

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
This now going very weird - Apparently a Grandson - The guy who wrote the story is backing off.

http://www.examiner.com/article/sho...custody-at-colo-gun-show-on-cabbie-terror-tip

Still being reported on the news http://kdvr.com/2013/05/18/cab-driver-mistakes-italian-gun-executive-for-terrorist-calls-police/ but I have to wonder what's going on. Someone got arrested - It will be interesting to see what comes out of this.

Sounds like he has left the country, but intends to return with legal counsel.

Perazzi is known for making some of the most expensive shotguns in the world. The family has enough money and lawyers to make the cab company and Denver PD really regret this...

CAMike

None
Contributor
Damn!

I thought the Chris Rock LEO Contact video showed the only ways to avoid unwanted LEO contact.

On a more serious note I hope the Denver PD and Taxi (driver) company are punished to the fullest extent of the law, which probably won't amount to much in today's mindset of "suspect and report everyone for anything out of the ordinary." The Man is clearly alive and well. Your individual rights are apparently now reviewed after you go downtown to answer all of their questions.

Link embedding may be blocked- just click on "Watch on YouTube" to view it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
......On a more serious note I hope the Denver PD and Taxi (driver) company are punished to the fullest extent of the law, which probably won't amount to much in today's mindset of "suspect and report everyone for anything out of the ordinary."

Why would the taxi driver be prosecuted for anything? He reported what he thought was suspicious activity, that was all from what I ahve seen. Nothing against the law there last time I checked.

The Man is clearly alive and well. Your individual rights are apparently now reviewed after you go downtown to answer all of their questions......

Well apparently not, literally. Did you read the link Pugs posted? Apparently the author of the article that seems to have kickstarted a lot of the attention on this case retracted the entire thing after the Perazzi company issued a statement that no one from the company was involved in a situation like the one described. Especially the founder and former President of the company who was named in the report but who died last year.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Why would the taxi driver be prosecuted for anything? He reported what he thought was suspicious activity, that was all from what I ahve seen. Nothing against the law there last time I checked.

Well apparently not, literally. Did you read the link Pugs posted? Apparently the author of the article that seems to have kickstarted a lot of the attention on this case retracted the entire thing after the Perazzi company issued a statement that no one from the company was involved in a situation like the one described. Especially the founder and former President of the company who was named in the report but who died last year.

Your read on this is correct, the event apparently never happened.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
A little more of an update. It appears a 27 year old woman named Korrine Aquirre made the whole thing up. To what end I don't know. Shocking to me is that media didn't do any checking at all it appears in pursuit of the story and in these days of viral media everything I could find on the original linked back to the single station. I'm suitably self-chastised for passing on bad gouge.

http://kdvr.com/2013/05/22/woman-fa...-exec-being-questioned-after-terrorist-claim/

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/2...9/FOX31-gun-show-terrorist-report-called-hoax