• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

preparing for ocs 194

youearnedit

I am preparing for OCS and my lower back has been bothering me. I know its not a serious injury, I run and do the crunches fine but it hurts like hell sometimes. Is there something that I may be doing wrong to agitate a pulled muscle or something. Does anyone identify with this or have any suggestions?

thull

alkalize your body with greens and plenty of fresh air every day, and get plenty of rest. acid, inactivity, and lack of rest all are great contributors to muscle tightness and inflammation.

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
Make sure that you do excercises to strengthen your back. If you don't train all of your different muscle groups evenly you're setting yourself up for injury. Make sure you include hyperextensions in your workout. Then you can go light a scented candle or some other naturallistic bs like that.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
alkalize your body with greens and plenty of fresh air every day, and get plenty of rest. acid, inactivity, and lack of rest all are great contributors to muscle tightness and inflammation.

Alright, Dr. Hull. Could you please describe to us in scientific terms what it means to alkalize one's body. What is this acid you speak of, what is it's composition, where does it accumulate, and how does it act on the body.

Brett

jdakota

Im no physical trainer or scientist but STRETCH man, before PT and I know it sucks but after PT also. You will do it at OCS so might as well start now. Especially your hamstrings. I used to have a lot of problems with my lower back in high school but the more in shape and limber I got the better it got and havent had a problem since.

Cordespc

None
Contributor
I'm a veteran of lower back pain. Best course of action is not to ignore it. Do a little research and learn about the various lower back stretches and incorporate them into your daily routine. Also, for a couple hundred bucks you can purchase an inversion table that undoubtedly helps with lower back pain, and probably promotes good health in a lot of other areas as well. I own one, but regretfully, I only seem to use it when my back gets angry at me.

Rgds/ Paul

youearnedit

great advice. my back pain has pretty much ceased. i iced it like crazy, went in the hot-tube, and got a couple massages. i kept pt-ing like nothing happened. I'm like 99%.