• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pre-Workouts and Supplements

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here is the thread revan1013 is referencing (I think). It contains a link to the spreadsheet comparing different leading protein brands. It also has a fairly bold disclaimer about the quality of the testing and the need for third parties to be doing this sort of work. That said, this thread is how I found Optimum Nutrition a couple years ago and I couldn't be happier!

Yeah, I would say this is a pretty is 'disclaimer' "I want to state that I know me doing this is ridiculous. But it is not ridiculous because my testing method has a large margin of error (of course it does)". So some random guy on the internets does some testing in his Mom's basement then posts it to Reddit, I am going to go out on a limb and say I am not really going to put a lot of stock in the results.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
The kidney issue has been debunked on several studies. It can exacerbate kidney problems in people who already have them, but won't create new problems on their own. The body will piss away whatever it doesn't absorb with regard to protein.

Creatine may make you gain some water weight, that's about it. Just don't take more than 5-10g per day, unless you are preloading (which is now considered generally unnecessary, but people do it anyway).

I recommend Optimum Nutrition or MusclePharm products. They are both highly rated in terms of quality and in terms of actually putting in the amount of protein they say they do. There was a Reddit study on various protein powders not too long ago that was pretty solid.

I'm not sure what the internet says about Optimum Nutrition and/or MusclePharm - just passing along what my doc told me.

As for supplements, I'm still moving heavy iron without any chemical assistance as I approach the big 5-0 .

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
Oh for sure. For most people there is no need to take anything unless you're deficient or min-maxing your nutrition.

Here is the thread revan1013 is referencing (I think). It contains a link to the spreadsheet comparing different leading protein brands. It also has a fairly bold disclaimer about the quality of the testing and the need for third parties to be doing this sort of work. That said, this thread is how I found Optimum Nutrition a couple years ago and I couldn't be happier!

Yep! Thanks that's the one. I am also a big fan of ON products.