• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pre check-in

WilliamC

SNA API Current
Hey all, just got done at OCS, had a great time up there. Now I'm in Pensacola and my query for you is, is there somewhere on base I can leave my car while I fly home for a few days to uhaul my things back to pcola? Am I best off leaving it at the airport? It's got a lot of my valuable things in it, and i'd feel better about it being on base. I'm staying in the Navy Lodge tonight and i'm flying home tomorrow. Please let me know what my best option is. I can probably get a ride to the airport from a buddy that's here with me

Oh yeah, damn, it is beautiful here. I was blown away when I rolled onto base :)

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
There used to be a long term lot over by the sea wall where OCS was. Don't know if it is still there...if not, then just ask the lodge or go over to the q and ask them. Honestly, I doubt either will care if it is under a week.

Rev

pilot
The Corry Station has an "Autorama Lot" where you can store your vehicle for something like $20 for two weeks. I'm pretty sure its the same lot that they let you sell from and I believe they lock it up at night.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
The Corry Station has an "Autorama Lot" where you can store your vehicle for something like $20 for two weeks. I'm pretty sure its the same lot that they let you sell from and I believe they lock it up at night.

Now I know where you purchased your Ensign mobile. And where I will be getting mine.

Reactions: Rev

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Oh yeah, damn, it is beautiful here. I was blown away when I rolled onto base :)

I had a very different initial perception. Pretty much thought it was a slum for a few weeks. To be honest, I didn't really appreciate it until I lived in places like Corpus and Meridian. Then it was just the lesser of evils. Now I guess I share your point of view, though I would never want to live there.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
I had a very different initial perception. Pretty much thought it was a slum for a few weeks. To be honest, I didn't really appreciate it until I lived in places like Corpus and Meridian. Then it was just the lesser of evils. Now I guess I share your point of view, though I would never want to live there.
Staying in the Navy Lodge on the beach with the museum right across the road from you will do that. Give him a few weeks to go out and explore the native culture...his impression will change.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Staying in the Navy Lodge on the beach with the museum right across the road from you will do that. Give him a few weeks to go out and explore the native culture...his impression will change.

Quote describing Pensacola: "The scenery, for the most part, is beautiful but the people, for the most part, are terrifyingly not."

Personally, I enjoy some of this native culture you speak of. Especially this weekend's festivities at Club Bama. http://www.florabama.com/about-us/mullet-toss

Reactions: Rev

Rev

pilot
Quote describing Pensacola: "The scenery, for the most part, is beautiful but the people, for the most part, are terrifyingly not."
I've for the most part enjoyed Pensacola in spite of the people I associate with regularly. Maybe my standards are a little low though ;)

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I would stab my best friend in the throat to live in Pensacola right now. It's decent during the winter, and absolute heaven in the summer.

Renegade One

None
Everyone I know down here right now is highly mobile, but homeless for the time being. Here's to hoping they sign for houses with big driveways this morning
Airport long-term parking? Navy Lodge parking lot (after you tell them your plan)? Base have a secure parking or car/RV storage lot for this sort of thing? Possibilities seem endless….

KBayDog

I live there. This place is the shit. Fish drink surf fly shoot guns don't pay state income taxes rinse and repeat. MERRICA!

FIFY. Where'd you wind up settling, anyway?

No, this place does not have the same general QOL as San Diego or Hawaii, but Ivan and Dennis gave this place a clean palette a few years ago...and "they" have been making the most of it. There's a shit-ton to do here year-round, it's relatively cheap to live here, and the brewing scene is thriving. Effing-A.

Oh, and I almost forgot - Kontrary to what the Demokratik Peoples' Republik of Kalifornia leads you to believe, it is possible to live a happy and healthy life without seeing Big Brother-mandated Prop 65 warnings plastered all over the f'ing place.

Renegade One

None
Oh, and I almost forgot - Kontrary to what the Demokratik Peoples' Republik of Kalifornia leads you to believe, it is possible to live a happy and healthy life without seeing Big Brother-mandated Prop 65 warnings plastered all over the f'ing place.
Even as a resident of the DPRKa, I had to Google Prop 65. That may shed some light on how non-onerous it actually is. ;)