• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Possibility to leverage IT degree for Information Warfare?

tlsarles

I would love to go in Information Warfare, and I'm wondering what my chances are.
I have an associates in IT, and bachelors in management.

The recruiter has told me I would be unlikely to get a Top Secret clearance because I had a misdemeanor (Disorderly Conduct) approx 2 years ago. Do I still have a chance? I have worked in IT for 5 years, and am great at it. I want to join the Navy regardless, but I would like to be put where I can do the most good.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As long as you are forthright about your previous indiscretion, you should be able to get a clearance. Where is the recruiter getting that from? Ask him to show you that in writing. Like m0t says, you'd be more suited for the IP job vice IW.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Carlos Caliente

None
Affirm. Forthrightness on your SF-86 (or whatever form they're using these days) is a must. Believe me, these guys will find out pretty much everything about you. Showstoppers are drug abuse/alchoholism/infidelity/financial delinquency, or basically anything that the other players out there can use to leverage YOU into their collection efforts.

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
TS/SCI is still possible with a misdemeanor(s) on your rap +7 years. Your butt = smoke being blown up it. However, there are always extenuating circumstances... Just let them know. Bad days and bad decisions earn you wisdom in the long run.