• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Poor Man's Machine gun?

MarineAir

Future Naval Aviator
Hi all. Just saw this on another forum and wanted to know what members on this site thought about it. Neat trick but is it even legal to do?? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything so I apologize if this is a reposting..

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I used to know a guy that could bump fire just about anything. I saw him bump fire 1911's, Glocks, etc. Its not that hard to do with an AR, but its a bit harder than that dood makes it out to be.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Hi all. Just saw this on another forum and wanted to know what members on this site thought about it. Neat trick but is it even legal to do?? ...

Not illegal ... no parts/firearm modifications .... a rubber band doesn't qualify as a "part" or a "modification to the firearm" .... I've done it for a long time, sans the rubber ... demonstrated it in classes, and the DOE teaches it to their security teams.

The technique is easily mastered -- if you pay attention --- from the hip on AR's, AK's, UZI's, and M1 Carbines amongst other SLR's ... but the shoulder is another question. And a 1911??? ... the only question is ..... why ???? :eek:

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Yeah, I've actually tried it a few times, it's kind of weird to get the rhythm at first but once you get the hang of it it's a lot of fun. I've only done it with an AR-15 and an old AK, I think it'd be pretty cool to see a 1911 or something like that bump fired.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
The AR-15 was banned until 2004 in california... And certain restrictions are still in place. But the culture was/is very anti-gun so my experiences with firearms were very limited.

Wanabe Jarhead

You can't even get the new M9A1 at any old shop here in Cali. You actually have to have a special channel to go through in order to obtain it. You can't buy a Kimber desert warrior in this state. We have this lovely BS. http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/ If you want an AR-15, it is a colossal pain in the ass to get one. If you want a complete weapon, they're fairly easy to get with a fixed magazine. Finding an FFL dealer that will transfer the kits to build one up is like finding hen's teath.

Back on topic, that video is pretty cool. There are some links off of that sight that show an individual applying the same principal sans rubber band on a glock 23.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you want an AR-15, it is a colossal pain in the ass to get one.

Correction: If you didn't own it before the ban and you live in California, it's impossible to get a real AR-15.

If you want a complete weapon, they're fairly easy to get with a fixed magazine.

Yep, the only alternative available. Sucks.

Finding an FFL dealer that will transfer the kits to build one up is like finding hen's teath.

That's because most FFLs don't want to lose their license for illegal activity.

Lawman

None
What's the difference between an M9 and 92FS anyway?

Like Xmid said, its just a differnce in designations the weapons are identical. The Military has its own system of designation for weapons then everybody else sometimes there are actual differnces like for example an M-16 and an AR-15 are night and day differnt. Most of the time though its just a differnce in paperwork.