• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pools???

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Eric, that is really a cyclical thing your asking. I waited 3 weeks, some friends of mine only waited 1 week. Some people I have talked to waited 2 months or longer. The Aviation pipeline over the last year has really gone through an overhaul, as the Navy is striving to do away with the pools.

But alot of that also has to depend on what time of year it is also, during the winter months the three squadrons at Whiting drop some of their student loading due to inclement weather, and not having the same number of flying days they have in the summer. But the way things have been shaping up lately, I would imagine that you should expect less then a 3 week wait.

If they send you to Corpus Christi, expect a little delay for checking out and into a new command, along with the moving time. Trust me, after API, you WILL want a little time off, but right now I am on my 5th week of waiting to start Advanced (PROPS) here in Corpus, and still have 3 weeks to go. While it has been nice to have time off, I am itchin to get back in the plane, albeit I will have to go through another Ground School first! It is something you will definitely get a feel for as you go through API, and hear first hand what your wait in the pools is going to be. Hope that answers the question.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Eric:

For what's it's worth, I check aboard TW-5 at whiting on 27 Mar and had no wait. I don't think there is a wait to date, but like John said, things are ramping up. If your a Marine though, expect to wait at least a week (for whatever reason).

Devin

Eric Danielsen

Hey thanks guys.. all the input helps.
One more question though, (for anyone)...
How much influence do your API grades play after you get to Primary. I've heard the 15% and all that but is that enough to make a difference in platform??

FLY NAVY

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Eric:

Your right, it is 15%. As for if it makes a difference...ask John...Hehehe. Actually, I don't know whether it did or not for him, but it can hurt you if you blow it off. Plus, like I said in one of the other threads, what you learn in API (among other places) and how well you learn it will make your life much easier later on.

Devin

Status
Not open for further replies.